2004 Nissan Altima AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Altima:

2004 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Apr 272004

Air conditioner compressor does not disengage when the manual selector switch is moved from the defrost position. The only way to disengage the compressor after using the defroster is to stop the car, turned off the fan, move the selector switch to any function that is not defroster related, turn off the ignition and restart the car. This was discovered by my wife and I on our way back from Florida last March. I could not get fresh air only. Upon my return to Maine the dealer checked out my complaint and discovered that the owners manual covered this somewhat. A previous same complaint stated that this is covered by a service bulletin ntb03-048 dated 5-6-03 from Nissan concerning this problem. This is noted as a change in operation from earlier models. This A/C on off is different than previouly years of Nissan"S of which I have owned many. I believe Nissan should fix this problem.

- Winthrop, ME, USA