2004 Nissan Altima electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Altima:

2004 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 012005

Altima 4-cyl

2004 nissian Altima consumer's vehcile engine service light. Came on and the dealership repaired the light and told consumer that it was caused by a defective computer chip, the next day the service engine light came on again, and the motor started shaking. Dealer found that there was a screw loose. They found the screw missing in the power valve. They had to the remove the exhaut manafold to get the screw out, the dealer had to replace the manafold intake/gasket throttl/ a spark plug/bearing seal/the gasket exhaut/gasket adapter, and the gasket manafold. Two days later consumer found that the vehcile still shaking when driving over 40 mph. Consumer found that when test driving vehicle it would not go over 80 mph. Problem started on June 1, 2005.

- Visalia, CA, USA

Apr 142005

Altima 4-cyl

My car shuts off without any warning while I am driving without any warning, everything goes completely dead. It started at about 8000 miles. Since then, it has cut off at least 5 more times. My car only has 11,000 miles on it. I took it to the dealer where they ran numerous diagnostics on my car and they could not give me an explanation on why my car keeps shutting off. The problem happens without warning. Very dangerous while driving in a busy road, accident will happen is bound to happen. The last time I called the dealer they stated I probably put bad gas in the car"??? what?S up with that? I don"T feel I should be making a car payment on a brand new car and have so many problems. I was better off with the junk that I had. At least I was safe while driving.

- Norfolk, VA, USA

Aug 092004

Altima 6-cyl

Lost of power while trying to accelerate from stop.. "engine service soon light" came on!! P2135 tp sensor code found. Replaced part by Nissan still did not fix the problem.. not it surges when trying to accelerate.. P0507 isc code found.. Nissan refused to change the computer at this time. New car should not have these kind of problem.. Nissan had failed to make recall for this part.. all 2004 Nissan atlmia has this problem.. force Nissan to fix all cars or take back all 2004 models.

- Yuba City, CA, USA