1. replace crankshaft position sensor (1 reports)
2004 Nissan Altima electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Altima:

2004 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

May 012009

Altima S 2.5L

Since I bought the car in 2003, I have problems of all type. One time the car was in dealer for service 45 days. This time they took the engine to a machine shop. I can't tell all the list of problems out, won't have space to detail all. The dealer didn't do anything. Now when I'm almost my finishing to paid the account of the car. When I'm driving, it shuts off in the middle of the road. It takes several minutes to start engine again, and then shutoff again rapidly. Appears the Service Engine Light with the same diagnose, Crankshaft position sensor. Approximately in 4 month has been changed two times and now the SES is on again. I'm really tired of this car and all the problems it has cause. I've contract a lawyer and a automotive technician here in PR, at the beginning when star the problems, and they didn't do anything. The dealer wash his hand with this "lemon car".

- , Caguas, PR, USA