1. new crankshaft pulley, keystroke, serpentine belt (1 reports)
2004 Nissan Altima engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Altima:

2004 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Feb 052008

Altima SL 2.5L 4 cyl

Took the car to my mechanic for the serpentine belt not turning. He informed me that the main pulley on the crankshaft FELL OFF! He said I needed to take this to the dealer (Colonial Nissan in Charlottesville, VA) since this is an obvious defect from the factory as crankshaft pullies do not just FALL OFF on their own. He said "I wish you luck. If this was a Toyota, they would stand behind it, but you might have some problems with Nissan." Boy, was he right! First, the dealer said the onus was on me to pay the $1100 repair bill since the warranty ran out @ 60,000 miles. I contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs, filed a claim for "financial assistance" and am still waiting for someone to call me back with a decision 2 weeks later. In the meantime, I found my original paperwork from when I bought the car which included the extended warranty. I contacted the dealer with this information and they said "Oh yes, I see it right here in your file" Those dishonest bas***ds were going to obviously charge me and file under the extended warranty to get paid twice! I will never purchase another Nissan as long as I live.

- , Cville, VA, USA