9.0

2004 Nissan Altima engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Altima:

2004 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Mar 312009

Altima 2.5S 2.5L

Had the power valve failure occur where a screw came loose and went through the engine. They never found the screw and believe it went out the exhaust. The "voluntary service campaign" that Nissan released has my VIN# listed right in the middle, however it isn't "date specific" therefore they decided not to cover the repair cost. Hmmm... a manufacturing known defect, yet they won't cover it. Needless to say I am in the process fighting with Nissan to get this covered, as I think it is absurd that this should even be a question on their part to cover it or not. I guess driving their cars, you run the risk of a screw going into your motor, and it's all your fault, you drove the car..ridiculous. Shame on you Nissan, guess I will go back to Honda or Toyota that stand by their cars.

- , Torrington, CT, USA

Jul 112007

Altima SE 2.5L

Dealers repair shop tells me that the power ring on the intake manifold came out and ruined the intake manifold. The repairs cost $697.00 I then found this VOLUNTARY SERVICE CAMPAIGN QR25DE POWER VALVE at; http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/2005/NTB05-058. htm

It says that Nissan will fix and repair this problem for customers. My VIN falls with the listed VIN numbers - get this, my VIN isn't specifically listed.

They have this problem. It's documented in my model, my engine size and within the posted VIN numbers, but mine isn't "specifically" listed.

This isn't right and it sure isn't fair. Has anybody else faced this issue. Either covered or not.

Oh by the way my extended warranty is a third party warranty and it doesn't cover issues the manufacture should address and dosn't cover the power screw, though it is part of the intake manifold.

- , Redding, CA, USA