2004 Nissan Altima suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Altima:

2004 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Feb 112015

Altima

Rear suspension bushings & takata recall the car slips in the rear wheels similar to "fish-tailing" in snow. Nissan offered a recall in 2006 to replace parts on rear suspension system without notifying me until 2015, months before the recall expired. Notices never contained any notification of any expiration date. After hours of customer service claimed there was never a recall; then yes there was a recall that I had replaced in 2007; then claiming the work was completed in 2014, they finally agreed to having the car inspected regarding this recall. The dealership at woodfield Nissan claimed that my car was "unsafe to drive" and listed every other part of my suspension that needed to be replaced other than the main one in the recall. A service order was created that the dealership refused to give me when the service manager lost his temper and got physically intimidating towards me. My wife and I are frightened to ever go to this dealership due to this. Now I am driving an "unsafe to drive" vehicle that Nissan left me without any paperwork to advise me what is unsafe about it. After asking Nissan corporation to step in, as well as BBB & il a.G. reports were filed, no one to date has given me documentation regarding this inspection. This dealership's owner also owns the other dealership near me and my wife where we are no longer welcomed. This, and the fact that the corporation refuses to help resolve this, makes it impossible for us to have the takata recall work completed without going thru further stress with Nissan and local dealerships. That is very unethical, if not illegal.

- Schaumburg, IL, USA

Jan 222015

Altima 4-cyl

Found out that the sub-frame assembly panels (front floor panels) are rotting out. Issue is if they fail cars tires will tilt in as the suspension is tide into the front floor panels.

- Brunswick, OH, USA

Apr 132004

Altima 6-cyl

Car vibrates at speeds of 65 and greater. The car has been to dealer 3 times in less than 2 weeks. Tires have been replaced, balanced and checked for run out. Problem still exsists. Nissan1 has not returned my calls. After 1 week of no returned calls, I was forced to go through the system as a new call before I could get a live person on the phone, at which time I was told to take my car back to the dealer and basically start trouble shooting the problem again.

- Snellville, GA, USA

Feb 272004

Altima

Consumer complained that steering vibrated at the speed of 45 mph and above. It shook badly when reaching 55-60 mph. Consumer took vehicle to dealer/mechanic 6 times, and they insisted there was nothing wrong with vehicle.

- Dallas, GA, USA