7.0

2. no heat when idling (2 reports)
  3. see above (1 reports)
2005 Nissan Altima AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Altima:

2005 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Dec 122012

Altima ES 4 cyl

When I accelerate, the fan blows lukewarm air. When I brake, slow down or idle, the fan blows cool to cold air.

- , Stanhope, NJ, USA

Nov 012012

Altima SL 2.5L

Heater use to work fine but recently went out. It blows out extremely cold air. When i start my car, it sounds like there is water swooshing around somewhere. There is no leak anywhere and all of the fluids are in the car. Another thing that is happening now is that when i accelerate the vehicle, the cars temperature meter goes all the way up to hot and cools down when i slow down. i do not know if it is related.

- , Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jan 012012

Altima

I've been told so far it may be the water pump, will find out soon if that's the case or not once I take my car in. It also makes a water "swooshing" sound from inside the car when I take off.

Update from Dec 11, 2012: The auto tech flushed my heating system to make sure nothing was blocking it. Otherwise, it would have came down to changing the heater core due to a possible crack in it. THANKFULLY, flushing it out did the trick and it save me a lot of trouble and money!

- , Huntley, IL, USA

Oct 282011

Altima ES

JUST NOTICED THIS YEAR THE HEATER WILL NOT WORK WHILE IDLING.

- , Zanesville, OH, USA

May 302011

Altima 2.5L

returning from a 45 minute road trip the air stopped blowing cold air. checked fuse, freion levels both fine . what caused it ?

- , Cleveland, TN, USA

Feb 102011

Altima 2.2L V6

No heat when at idle. Heater blows warm air when accelerating.

- , Kansas City, KS, USA

Dec 062010

Altima Extra Pkg 2.2L V4

NO HEAT WHEN IDLE ONLY WHEN DRIVING CHANGED THERMOSTAT AND FLUSHED RAD NO CHANGE

- , Barrie, Ontario, canada

Mar 042008

Altima 2.5L

when A/C is turned on it is impossible to turn it off unless engine is turned off, pain it the ... dealer won,t help

- , Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Jan 012006

Altima SE 4 cyl

Even if the car runs for 20-30 minutes, the windows are still frozen up/foggy on the INSIDE and won't clear up until you have been accelerating approximately 15 minutes.

When the car warms up and the fan blows warm air, if you stop in traffic or at a red light and are no longer accelerating, the air goes cool again.

- , 1825 Ky 225, Barbourville, USA

Jun 152005

Altima SE 3.5L V6

Well, heating and A/C simply sux on this car. A/C is never cold enough and heating is never warm enough. Went back to the dealer to claim the warranty, and got refused 4 times - tried to fill lemon law claim against them and Nissan Customer Service never helped and nothing happened. After a while my lawyer charged me $400 and did nothing about it. I am suspicious he acted in their favor.

- , Libertyville, IL, USA