CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.

Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.

The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!

8.0

2. replace door handle (2 reports)
  3. nissan replaced door handle (1 reports)
2005 Nissan Altima accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Altima:

2005 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Aug 132014

Altima SE V6

I have had 3 doors handles all break within 2 months. At first I thought someone is messing with my car. Then I go to a body shop and they tell me that this is a common thing to happen on the Nissan's. If this is the case they definitely need to do a recall on these plastic cheap door handles. It's going to cost around $300 bucks to repair. I feel Nissan should be sending me a check to get this fixed. Even though I have one door handle left on the passenger side, I feel that I may go ahead and have that fixed as well cause I know it's coming. SMH...

- , Waxhaw, NC, USA

Dec 302014

Altima S 2.5L

Again another door handle broke off while trying to open a locked door. Not much pressure was exerted on the handle. My best guess is the handle is made of cheap plastic.

- , Waycross, GA, USA

Nov 072013

Altima S 2.5L

Just disappointed in the handle on the car being plastic .. Nissan should know better.

- , Laurel, MS, USA

Dec 152012

Altima 3.2L

Within 1 week both front door handles just snapped off in my hand. I wasn't using a great amount of force, just opening like normal. I have since seen over a dozen Altima's with the same problem. This has to be some sort of defect. It sucks trying to get the doors open without breaking a nail, not to mention a little embarrassing at times.

- , Willis, TX, USA

May 012012

Altima 4 cyl

I am down 3 door handles just napping off- it is a 2005 Nissan and I was told by the service department that the handles are plastic and after 5 years they get brittle and snap off- not a defect and i would cost me $200 door to repair. I am able to slip my finger under the latch to open the door and will have to deal with it as I cannot afford to fix it. I will never buy another Nissan as they do not own up to their defects in manufacturing the car.

- , Viera, FL, USA