- April 30: Nissan Recalls 3.8 Million Vehicles to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 2 days ago
- April 27: Mitsubishi Spent 25 Years Cheating Fuel Economy Standards news | 5 days ago
- April 20: Mitsubishi Admits Cheating on Fuel Economy Estimates news | 12 days ago
- April 9: Nissan Recalls Frontier Trucks Over Risk of Fire recalls | 23 days ago
- March 19: Nissan Rogue Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 44 days ago
NHTSA — Electrical System: Alternator/Generator/Regulator Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 0 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.