- February 11: Nissan Steering Problems Cause Recall of 17,000 Vehicles
- January 31: Nissan Recalls 639,000 Pathfinders, Rogues and Infiniti QX60 Vehicles
- January 22: Nissan Recalls 3 Models For Braking and Steering Problems
- January 20: Nissan Rogue Investigated For Airbags That Deploy Too Late
- January 17: Nissan Agrees to Repair Nissan Quest Gas Gauge Problems
Electronic Control Module, Recall Cost
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 68,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced sensors (2 reports)
- new camshaft position sensor (1 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)