- May 18: Nissan Master Cylinder Investigation Closed With No Action
- May 18: Feds Look Into Coil Springs That Break in the Nissan Versa
- May 5: Nissan Altima Rusted Floorboards Get Attention in Lawsuit
- April 16: Nissan Sentra Airbag Explodes, Nissan Expands Airbag Recall
- April 14: Nissan Timing Chain Lawsuit Filed in New York
Electronic Control Module, Recall Cost
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 68,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced sensors (2 reports)
- new camshaft position sensor (1 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)