- May 5: Consumer Group: Don't Buy Nissan Pathfinder, Frontier or Xterra news | 1 days ago
- May 4: Nissan Recalls Rogue For Lift Gates That Won't Stay Open recalls | 2 days ago
- April 30: Nissan Recalls 3.8 Million Vehicles to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 6 days ago
- April 27: Mitsubishi Spent 25 Years Cheating Fuel Economy Standards news | 9 days ago
- April 20: Mitsubishi Admits Cheating on Fuel Economy Estimates news | 16 days ago
Electronic Control Module, Recall Cost
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 68,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced sensors (2 reports)
- new camshaft position sensor (1 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)