- September 9: Recalled: Nissan Cars and SUVs At Risk of Fires recalls | 16 days ago
- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 25 days ago
- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 51 days ago
- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 62 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 68 days ago
NHTSA — Engine Problems
2005 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 5)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 3
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 91,129 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.