CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.

Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.

The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!

3.7

2005 Nissan Altima lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Altima:

2005 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jul 232016

Altima

I bought this '05 Altima about 2 months ago. I don't drive at night a lot but when I did for the 1st time, I noticed the low beam headlights were in the trees. I found an adjustment screw on back of the headlight assembly and found that when I adjusted it, it turned both the hi and low beams down. When the low beams came close to level- the hi beams were now hitting the ground 15 ft in front of the car. I found a recall # on line for this very issue dating back to blogs in late 2004. It's # 07E087000. Sunnyvale (ca) Nissan turned me away this morning saying that based on my VIN- there is no recall on the headlights. This is a hazard as I have little light on the road at night unless I drive with my brights on. Can you help? thanks

- San Jose, CA, USA

Dec 152010

Altima 4-cyl

I bought a 2005 Altima 2.5 S brand new and it has always been garaged and kept in perfect condition. My headlights have started to oxidize horribly but only on the inside, this seems like a poorly made product, if after only about 5 years my headlights start failing to perform with no warranty?

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Dec 222013

Altima 4-cyl

I recently experienced my vehicle stalling as I was driving. It took several minutes for me to restart leaving me venerable to a vehicle crash. The same evening I learned of recall# 07V527000. The following day I brought my vehicle to a Nissan dealership to have the recall resolved. They advised the recall only covers reprogramming computer not replacing defective crank sensor. I feel that reprogramming computer will not resolve safety issue as the sensor is defective and could fail even with reprogramming computer. I was charged $96 dollars to have problem diagnosed. Dealer refused to replace defective part. To my understanding many other Altima owners experience this same problem and are forced to pay for defective parts that fail.dealer did not offer to reprogram computer they insisted that only replacing the defective part would resolve my issue which was not covered by recall.

- Tickfaw, LA, USA

Jan 012007

Altima 4-cyl

The headlights on my 2005 Nissan Altima look like they are burned on the inside and foggy looking. At night they are very dim, almost as though I was driving in a constant thick fog. The front windshield has foggy looking circles all over inside the glass and makes visibility hard.

- Bodfish, CA, USA