Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.

Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.

The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!

2005 Nissan Altima miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Altima:

2005 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Apr 172007

My car is a lemon.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jun 282008

I received a notice from you guys after the fact. My car dealership(service guy). I went to the repair shop for something else and that's how I found out of the recall. Something could've happen to me or someone else while driving this car without warning. They did reprogram the car module. But I don't think that's the issue the car is still driving as it did before and I hope I did not purchase one of your many cars I've heard of as a lemon. I really need to know my next steps in looking into getting a upgrade on this vehicle because I really love these Altima. I don't want to have to go to a dealership and go through the whole process again. Please let me know if I can take this car to a Nissan dealership to switch it out I only have 34,399 miles on this car. This was the second recall on this car and I only had this car a year I traded in my galant 01 and that only had 59,732 miles on it so I'm not hard on cars I take care of things. My safety is very important to me I don't want to hurt no one and I don't want no one to hurt me or get killed. I'm bringing this matter to your attention first asking you to also don't put my safety or nobody else in jeopardy. Please respond back to me so this matter can be resolved quickly. Thank you, alfreda thomas

- Upper Darby, PA, USA

Mar 272007

I purchased a 2005 Nissan Altima in 2006, and in 2007 I started having trouble with the car just stopping when I was driving, this has happened several times, thank god I have not had any serious injuries because of this. My mechanic stated that this was a problem with something dealing with my engine computer resulting in circuit malfunction with my crankshaft, and engine speed sensor, the problem with the crankshaft resulted from me having to restart my car after just stopping on me. I don't feel like I should have to be responsible for repairs if there has been a recall on the very part of this vechicle that has resulted and lead up to the problem that I am having at this time. I have mentioned this to Nissan and explained the problem that I am having, and seems to me that the company is just trying to get out of their responsibility of the mistake that was made when building this vehicle. The recall letter clearly states that if the dealer fails, or is unable to make the necessary repairs free of charge, I may contact the national consumeraffairs department. Thank you for you time in this matter, and hope that it can be resolved in a timely matter.

- Mt Juliet, TN, USA