CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.

Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.

The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!

2005 Nissan Altima seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Altima:

2005 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 132009

Altima

The air bag light in my 2005 Nissan Altima comes on when the car is started and blinks while driving. Issue was said to be repaired two times now and I still have the same problem. Now I am told that a sensor under the passenger seat is bad. It will cost me $1600 to repair. This is the third time this has occurred. I should have to pay nothing due to the time they have wasted and their inability to fix the problem the first time.

- Lakeside , CA, USA

Mar 042010

Altima

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Altima. The air bag light was illuminated when the contact began to drive approximately 3 mph in reverse. He took his vehicle to the dealer who stated that the passenger side air bag sensor needed to be replaced at the owners expense for $800. The VIN was not available. The current and failure mileages were 74,000.

- Gastonia, NC, USA

Apr 012009

Altima

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Altima. While driving between 25-35 mph on normal road conditions, the vehicle came to a complete stop and was rear-ended unexpectedly. The force caused the vehicle to rear-end the preceding vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy due to the massive impact and the driver's seat belt retractor failed to operate. There were no warnings prior to the failure. The driver sustained moderate injuries to the head, neck, and shoulder. There were no injuries to the opposing drivers. The police, fire department, and ambulance were called to the scene and a police report was filed. The vehicle sustained rear body damage and was towed to a collision center. The insurance company was notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The failure and current mileages were 98,000.

- Morton, MS, USA

Jan 052009

Altima

My son was involved in an accident whereby two cars sideswiped each other. The impact was severe, ripping the side view mirror off, exploding the front left tire and damaging the side of my vehicle. The other car's side airbags deployed. Mine did not. From the impact my son hit his head on the side window, lost consciousness and lost control of the vehicle, which then hit a tree. The front airbags did not deploy at impact with the tree. The car was declared totaled by the insurance company. After numerous calls to Nissan and a 6-week run around by Nissan air bag division I was told that there wasn't enough deceleration for the airbags to go off. I have pictures of the damage to the car and I was at the scene. The accident was bad. I was never given any details just a self serving conclusion from Nissan after a prolonged period of time. I was also given conflicting information as to when and where the car would be viewed. Excuses were made as to why the other vehicle's airbags went off even though Nissan never examined the other vehicle.

- Woodmere, NY, USA

Mar 262008

Altima

My wife wrecked her 2005 Altima. The car just all of sudden left the road and she couldn't control or stop it.

- Stanford, KY, USA

Aug 162005

Altima

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Altima. After the vehicle was purchased, the air bag light illuminated while driving 45 mph. The dealer attempted to repair the failure on several occasions. There was also no oil in the vehicle at the time of purchase. The failure mileage was 9,339.

- Stanton Island , NY, USA

Mar 162007

Altima 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Altima. At 20 mph the vehicle struck an ice patch and began to fishtail. The vehicle was rear ended, and the impact caused the front seat on the driver's side to completely recline. The air bags did not deploy, and the vehicle was destroyed. The contact sustained minor injuries. A police report and pictures were taken. The current and failure mileage were 26500.

- Ilion, NY, USA

Dec 282006

Altima 4-cyl

I have had nothing but problems from my 2005 Altima that I purchased new in Sept 05. The first week I owned the vehicle my engine light came on and the vehicle was very sluggish from takeoff, I then called the dealership where I purchased the vehicle and was told that all Nissan are sluggish and need to be driven to get the "newness from the vehicle" what kind of crap is that. About 6 months ago, I noticed that my brakes are squealing and my tires needed to be replaced, I don't even have 20K miles on my vehicle so this is very mysterious to me. Nissan in my opinion does not listen to its customers and claims to be the very best towards their customers on the commercials but in reality they are just another big company making money at the expense of "use to be loyal" customers". every complaint on this board I can agree with which is sad for I to have experienced the seat belts, sharp bar under the passengers seat, engine and passenger seat air bag light so basically all we have is an expensive good looking non-working pieces of crap. So thank you very much Nissan. Signed - will never ever ever purchase another Nissan in my life.

- Weirton, WV, USA

Apr 062005

Altima 6-cyl

Driver applied the brakes and the pedal went to the floor, and steering column locked up. Driver was unable to maintain control of the vehicle and crashed into another vehicle. Upon impact, both air bags did not deploy. No injuries to report. Driver took the vehicle to the dealer.

- Douglas, GA, USA