- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 7 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 61 days ago
- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 71 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 80 days ago
NHTSA — Steering Problems
2005 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
- Crashes / Fires:
- 3 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 79,279 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.