- November 21: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima To Fix Brake Calipers
- November 3: Nissan Recalls Vehicles With Passenger Airbags That Fail
- October 28: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima For Gas Leaks
- October 2: Nissan Versa Coil Spring Problems Cause Recall of 218,000 Cars
- September 4: Nissan Passenger Airbag Problems Lead to Investigation
NHTSA — Engine Problems
2006 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 5)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.
The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 2
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 94,104 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.