- April 30: Nissan Recalls 3.8 Million Vehicles to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 3 days ago
- April 27: Mitsubishi Spent 25 Years Cheating Fuel Economy Standards news | 6 days ago
- April 20: Mitsubishi Admits Cheating on Fuel Economy Estimates news | 13 days ago
- April 9: Nissan Recalls Frontier Trucks Over Risk of Fire recalls | 24 days ago
- March 19: Nissan Rogue Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 45 days ago
NHTSA — Engine Problems
2006 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 5)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.
The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 4
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 97,863 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.