- May 16: South Korea Accuses Nissan of Cheating Emissions Tests news | 10 days ago
- May 12: Mitsubishi: 'Improper Manipulation' of Fuel Consumption Rates news | 14 days ago
- May 5: Consumer Group: Don't Buy Nissan Pathfinder, Frontier or Xterra news | 21 days ago
- May 4: Nissan Recalls Rogue For Lift Gates That Won't Stay Open recalls | 22 days ago
- April 30: Nissan Recalls 3.8 Million Vehicles to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 26 days ago
Head Gaskets Blown
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.
The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 113,989 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 9 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace head gasket (5 reports)
- replace both head gaskets (3 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)