- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 4 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 10 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Recalls 2016 Sentra Over Stalling Problems recalls | 13 days ago
- June 1: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder SUVs to Fix Brake Light Switches recalls | 58 days ago
- May 29: Nissan Recalls 402,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 61 days ago
Head Gaskets Blown
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.
The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 109,490 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 10 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace head gasket (6 reports)
- replace both head gaskets (3 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)