- November 26: Nissan Titan Diesel XD Trucks Recalled For Fuel Pressure Problems recalls | 13 days ago
- November 6: Infiniti Q50S Brake Pad Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 33 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 35 days ago
- November 2: Investigation Closed Into Nissan Rogue Airbag Problems investigations | 37 days ago
- October 31: Nissan 370Z Clutch Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 39 days ago
Head Gaskets Blown
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.
The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 109,490 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 10 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace head gasket (6 reports)
- replace both head gaskets (3 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)