- January 29: Nissan Recalls 930,000 Altima Cars To Replace Hood Latches recalls | 11 days ago
- December 12: Nissan Recalls Rogue To Fix Roll Away Risk recalls | 59 days ago
- November 21: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima To Fix Brake Calipers recalls | 80 days ago
Head Gaskets Blown
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.
The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 115,843 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 7 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace both head gaskets (3 reports)
- replace head gasket (3 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)