- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 9 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 9 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 19 days ago
- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 28 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 33 days ago
Head Gaskets Blown
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.
The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 117,048 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 11 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace head gasket (6 reports)
- replace both head gaskets (3 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)