CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.

Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.

The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!

2006 Nissan Altima fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Altima:

2006 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Nov 292006

Altima 4-cyl

Brand new 2006 Altima 2.5S devlivered to me with a bad fuel pump. Service engine light was on. But went off after I fill up. Then came back on with the fuel light showing. Had to take it back with just 85 miles on it. Had to go back down to dealer. Service tech said I couldnt get a loaner car it wasnt covered under the warrenty. I lived 45 miles away, they wouldnt take me home. Finally went to the salesman and he gladly gave me another car to drive until it was fixed 3 days later.

- Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA