CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.

Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.

The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!

2.7

2006 Nissan Altima lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Altima:

2006 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jun 012015

Altima

"takata recall" I need to file a complaint against Nissan for the following problems, first is the paint in my car. I just purchased my car 2 years ago at a dealer and the cars paint and clear is fading and my car looks ugly, I have quoted at a paint body shop and they trying to charge $800 or more. I am still paying this car and don't appreciate that I have to pay for something that is a defect from the company. The headlight are awful and I can barely see at night or specially in the rain and afraid to use the high beams to prevent accidents.

- San Ysidro, CA, USA

Mar 312015

Altima

While driving my entire vehicle will periodic jerk. Its done it numerous times since its began. Now the service engine light is on. The paint on my vehicle is also faded and the clear coats has come off. I have seen plenty of other people on forums complaining about the same things. So it appears to me that Nissan is falling down on the job and should be issuing a recall of some sort about these problems. I have two small children and cant afford something catastrophically happening to my vehicle.

- Macon , GA, USA

Mar 102015

Altima

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Altima. Without warning, the low beam headlights and the parking lights failed to work. The contact had to use the high beam headlights each time the failure occurred. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 07E087000 (exterior lighting). The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- New Orleans , LA, USA

Nov 012012

Altima

The headlights on the front of the car are misaligned and it is hard to see at night and in the fog. Even after cleaning the headlights, it is hard to see at night. There have been multiple times, especially in bad weather that I have had to use the high beams in order to see. This is a problem living in the country where there are animals constantly crossing roads. Our vehicle is not covered under this recall and it should be.

- Moses Lake, WA, USA

Mar 172011

Altima

2006 Altima-sluggish performance-had to put 2 quarts of oil in car today-just had oil change two weeks ago. While driving up a slope car starts to jerks hard-pulled off road-cut the car off-took several tries before car would start. It has been doing this for the past two days...

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 302010

Altima

I noticed that my 2006 Nissan Altima has a design defect. When you start up the engine the speedometer cluster lights up automatically, even if the driving lights are turned off. At night time, this can lead the driver to believe that his driving lights are on as well, since most other cars require for the lights to be turned on, in order to turn on the illumination on the speedometer cluster. I have seen other Nissan Altima driven at night (including a 2010 Nissan Altima hybrid), which led me to believe that this is common design flaw for these cars.

- Staten Island, NY, USA