- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 7 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
- May 7: Nissan Recalls Versa and Versa Note Over Takata Airbags recalls | 18 days ago
- May 5: 2009 Nissan Murano Brake Issues Investigated investigations | 20 days ago
- April 30: Nissan Recalls LEAF and Sentra to Fix Airbags recalls | 25 days ago
NHTSA — Steering Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.
The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 50,051 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: