- March 25: Nissan Murano Recalled to Fix Power Steering Hoses recalls | 1 days ago
- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 6 days ago
- March 11: Nissan Versa Recall: Airbags Deploy From Shutting Doors recalls | 15 days ago
- March 7: Nissan Altima and Maxima Steering Lock Problems to be Fixed news | 19 days ago
- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 41 days ago
2006 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.
The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
Worst 2006 Altima transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission slips and jerks22
- stuck in gear2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission15
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission8
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.