- September 9: Recalled: Nissan Cars and SUVs At Risk of Fires recalls | 17 days ago
- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 26 days ago
- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 52 days ago
- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 63 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 69 days ago
2006 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.
The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
Worst 2006 Altima transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission slips and jerks18
- stuck in gear1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission15
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission8
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.