2007 Nissan Altima accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Altima:

2007 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jan 012015

Altima 4-cyl

The driver seat shifts and will not stay in place during operation. The right side of the seat will move more compared to the left side and causes the seat to shift/shimmy around curves, elevate and depress when hitting bumps.

- Burlington, NC, USA

Dec 232009

Driver side seat shifts left and right while turning. Nissan's tsb for this issue does not resolve and they refuse to inspect further after speaking to las vegas regional rep.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Mar 312007

The driver seat in my 2007 Nissan Altima has moved while I am driving since I bought the car. I have brought this in to be serviced for this problem over 6 times in the last year and they have failed to fix it. They performed Nissan tsb ntb08-089 twice already and the seat still moves around when I am driving. This is a major safety issue and it needs to be fixed. I am not the only one having this problem, it is very common for my model car.

- Monroe, NY, USA

Apr 152008

Front driver seat moves when you turn corners or stop. Fixed twice so far.

- Wesley Chapel, FL, USA

Mar 012007

I purchased a new 2007 Nissan Altima in March 2007 and shortly after the seat started to squirm from side to side in turns. I took it to the dealer and they acknowledged the problem. They told me that they could replace the seat rails, but the problem is in the rails themselves and that the problem would just reoccur. I have taken it back to the dealer, but they still tell me that they have no fix for it. My seat is now becoming more and more loose. There are numerous others with the same vehicle and problem. Refer to this site: approximately 75 percent of 200+ customers polled report the same problem. It is possible the other customers do not have power seats as I. the problem seems to be in the power seat assembly.

- Sandy, UT, USA

Jul 202007

Similar problem as described by other person in this forum. Driver seat will move with turns or sudden stops. Asked the dealer to replace it and they said that it makes not sense as problem will recur. They also asked me to wait for a recall from Nissan (waiting now for almost one year). I agree on the fact that this is a safety issue.

- Jonesborough, TN, USA

Aug 102007

Altima 6-cyl

There is an issue with seat rails in my 07 Nissan Altima. When I have to stop sudden, hard the seat shifts forward and back. They have replaced 2 times already, but need to be done again. Nissan told me they new they had an issue after 2nd repair, that is why they took over month tom fix., now they want to fix with same broken parts, even though originally corporate tech told the dealer not to replace until they had a fix for the problem, they were over ridden by the area rep here. They can not guaranty me it will fix the problems, as well as they can not tell me the seat is going to stop if I had to break for an accident. Put a buy back and Nissan basically has told me to eat the car nd that they wasn't to keep fixing it. The seat shifting is a safety issue and looking at the Nissan Altima forums, this is a common issue with this car. Had the car in at 1550, and 3000 miles to repair this part, then again in March 08.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Dec 112007

Altima 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that there was a razor sharp edge behind the seat mount that is used to adjust the seat. His wife cut her finger on this edge and required three stitches. The contact has not notified the Nissan dealer. The current and failure mileages were 23,000. Updated 03/13/08.

- Fuquay Barina, NC, USA