2007 Nissan Altima brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Altima:

2007 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Feb 252009

Altima

While traveling approx 50mph approaching a curve brake pedal was depressed and car would not stop. Driver noticed traffic slowing and reacted by shifting car to neutral and slowly applying parking brake. Doing such caused car to fishtail and slide (as roads were wet) and caused a collision. Driver has complained since 2007 to dealership regarding brakes and told each time (4 complaints) that nothing is wrong with brakes. Brakes were "replaced" 6 months ago by dealership (customer paid) however brake issues still remained. Such negligence has resulted in a car accident and thousands in property damage.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Apr 232008

Brakes squeaking.

- Broomall, PA, USA

Jul 012007

Altima

I have a 2007 Nissan Altima. Since 7500 miles, my brakes squeak when brake pedal is pressed. I have had my car in numerous times at the Nissan dealership and have been told that there is nothing wrong with my brakes. They acknowledge that they hear the squeak but do not consider it a defect. I complained to Nissan usa and was told that when they contacted the dealership that checked the brakes, they were told that there was not a problem and they were never able to duplicate the noise that I was hearing when I stopped. I told was told via email that there was nothing that Nissan North America could do to help me. This is very poor customer service. I was also told that when it was time for a brake job, the new pads should not squeak. The service tech told me that the 2008 Altima's did not have this problem.

- Hernando, MS, USA

Sep 062007

Altima

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Altima. When applying pressure to the brakes, the contact heard a loud grinding sound. After an inspection, the dealer stated that they would replace the brake rotors under warranty. The following day, she heard the noise again and the dealer stated that it was normal. Two months later, while driving in rainy weather, the contact was involved in a crash. Another dealer stated that the previous dealer did not replace the brake system, only the brake pads. The second dealer also stated that the brake system was defective. The contact filed a complaint with the manufacturer. The VIN, engine size, number of cylinders, speed, and powertrain were unknown. The failure mileage was 11,900 and current mileage was 20,000.

- Palmdale, CA, USA

Oct 172007

Altima 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Altima. While driving 20 mph, the brake pedal stuck to the floor when it was depressed. There was a loss of power steering and brakes and a crash occurred. The front end of the vehicle was damaged; however, there were no injuries. The road conditions were wet. A police report was filed. The cause of the failure was unknown. The vehicle was towed to the dealer, where it currently remains. The vehicle did not have antilock brakes. The current and failure mileages were 7,000.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Mar 282007

Altima 4-cyl

Purchased car Nov "06; @ 90 days service, I asked them to check the brakes. One month later, I asked them again to check the brakes. Upon leaving the dealership, the brakes locked up. I was able to get it back to dealership. I was told later that day, the brake system failed.

- Leesburg, VA, USA