2007 Nissan Altima cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Altima:

2007 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jan 252016

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Altima. While at a stop light, the vehicle began to jerk and independently accelerated. The contact had to depress the brake pedal to stop the vehicle from moving forward. In addition, upon inspection, there was oil in the radiator. The vehicle was taken to a mechanic who diagnosed that the motor and transmission needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Homestead, FL, USA

Apr 202007

Altima 4-cyl

I purchased my 2003 Altima 2.5S new from the dealer. At approximately 50K miles I began hearing a water noise in the dash and was told by my local shop that I had a cracked radiator. I had the extended warranty so the dealership replaced the radiator for $50, they also fixed the water noise in the dash stating it was related to the radiator. Now at 78K miles, I hear the water again and was told by the dealer I had another cracked radiator. I now have the third radiator in my car but still have the water noise. I do not believe 3 radiators in 4 years is "normal" wear and tear. Nissan clearly has a problem with radiators/cooling systems and they need to step up and offer some resolution to the many unhappy customers that have purchased these "lemons".

- Gilbert, AZ, USA