2007 Nissan Altima miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Altima:

2007 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jan 022012

The dash board appears to be falling apart. It has become shiny, sticky, and has multiple cracks that can be seen all over the dash and they are getting worse with time. My vehicle is parked in an enclosed garage most of the time. This does not appear to be simple wear and tear but a defect with the material used to construct the dash. This is ultimately a safety issue as the glare inside the vehicle at times can cause you to be unable to see out your front windshield.

- Sanford, FL, USA

Jan 012016

Melting and cracked dashboard

- Farmers Branch, TX, USA

Aug 252015

Dashboard is sticky and melting.

- Jacksonville Beach, FL, USA

Apr 142015

My door behind the drivers side doesn't open and we have tried everything, I have taken my car 2 a dealership and they worked on it for over an hr, and they couldn't get 2 open. And until my door is fixed, I can't get it inspected. And this is the only vehicle I have. I need my ddor fixed or formula Nissan needs 2 replace my car and put me in a different vehicle. This has been an on going thing, and I don't have the money 2 pay someone per hr. As I live on a fixed income.

- Washington, VT, USA

Sep 192012

Back in 2012 my Nissan Altima starter switch failed to work. I took the car to a Nissan dealership location and it was determined that the brake light switch was faulty and had to be replaced. On March 15, 2015, the car exhibited the same issue, starter switch failed to work again. This time I took it to an independent mechanic, who again had to replace the same part, the brake like switch. I suspect that there are more Nissan vehicles with this same issue. The recall should be extended to other models and be tested for an issue with the starter/brake light switch....updated 09/22/15

- Decatur, GA, USA

Aug 302010

In 01/12, we specifically purchased this pre-owned vehicle for its low mileage & new cvt transm replaced on 8/30/2010 at 69,421 mi at Nissan fort worth, tx. Vehicle had 92.069 mi. On 6/22-25/13, trophy Nissan in mesquite, tx supposedly replaced the burnt up cvt transm with a new one again, flushed out lines at 105,022 mi [after only 35,601 mi]; also performed electronic fuel injection service, clean throttle chamber, decarbon upper engine area; replaced & reprogrammed intelligent keys. I paid pay $398.48 for air intake cleaner, intake kit, basic inj flush and replacing drive belts & fan. I really didn't understand what that had to do with replacing the automatic cvt transmission.] service advisor ignored memo from corporate office not to place intelligent keys to prevent a "no start fault error". on 7/3/13 the car refused to start due to keys being placed together. New cvt transm installed by trophy Nissan still whines, stalls, hesitates, jerks & gears not shifting right. Due to bad service, rude, nasty, unprofessional people at trophy, I took car to courtesy Nissan, richardson, tx in 7/13, service advisor, bob schille contacted trophy Nissan & refused to check cvt. On 8/10/13 at 110,856 mi, I took car to clear lake Nissan, league city, tx. Cvt was whining, jerking, stalling, hesitating, not shifting properly when test driven but yielded no diagnostic codes. On 6/28/14 - 7/1/14 at 118,531 mi, took car back to courtesy Nissan. I was lied to, car was never test driven nor cvt diagnosed. Took car back to clear lake 11/22 still cvt didn't give diagnostic codes. Went back 12/12/14, cvt gives codes for new cvt after abt 25,000 mi. Now warranty has run out! contacted Nissan usa again via phone, then email 5/18/15. Contacted by angie, Nissan usa, regional Consumer Affairs specialist, 5/28/15 refusing to repair this defective cvt tranm. No car needs 3-4 cvt transm in 8yrs!

- Garland, TX, USA

May 012015

My dashboard is cracked by many parts. My car is always in a garage, because I don't work. Sole owner since 2007, no kids.

- Ponce, PR, USA

Jun 032013

I replaced the radio in my 2007 Nissan Altima and when I did the dashboard around the radio completely crumbled. This is when I realized that my dashboard was melting. My whole dashboard is melting. This is starting to affect my driving abilities because its so shiny that it reflects in my window and makes it hard to see.

- Meraux, LA, USA

Apr 022015

Altima 4-cyl

While walking to the vehicle an object was seen hanging down from behind the left drivers side rear wheel area. After crawling under the vehicle to investigate I positively confirmed the rear sway bar was broken off right at the bushing. The driver side end of this bar is still attached at the linkage rods, but is completely broken off from the rest of the sway bar at the left side bushing and bracket. Please force Nissan to step up to the plate and at least issue a service bulletin if they are too stubborn to issue a recall. Make them agree in writing to dump the manufacturer of this inferior hollow part. Judging by the numerous broken 2007 Altima sway bar complaints, there is an apparent quality problem here.

- Bolingbrook, IL, USA

Oct 202014

Help please! my 07 Altima dashboard is cracking on its own. It is also melting and Nissan will not do anything about it. The glare from the shiny dash is hard to see when driving in direct sunlight.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jun 022014

While on my way home from work I noticed suddenly the car won't take drive and just keep idling high when I press gas. I stopped and call a friend to pick me up. I call the mechanic and he send a tow truck to pick me up. Later he told me the car transmission was bad.

- North Miami , FL, USA

Oct 132011

Brake light in car went on just prior to 25000 miles, brought car in for service was told it was probably the master brake cylinder because it was recalled in the Nissan Sentra. Result was that it was the master brake cylinder, told had to repair due to it being hazardous. Had to pay over $600 for a repair to a part that company already knows is faulty.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jul 112011

I bought this vehicle brand new and it has been properly maintained. While driving down the road the vdc off and slip light came on. After turning the car off, and restarting the light would go out. This happened twice so I made an appointment with Nissan, while driving there it came on again. The stated that my master cylinder was bad and needed to replaced, the cost was $620. This car was recently inspected and has not even needed new brake pads yet. I also have a problem with the tire pressure light coming on even when tires have correct pressure. I had to pay $ $50 to have it reset so it would not stay on. After doing some research this seems like a common problem, that Nissan is doing nothing about.

- Chesterfield , VA, USA

Jul 082009

On July 8, 2009 took vehicle into Nissan North for service and requested they check the sunroof as well, it had been squeaking when operated - opening and closing. Nissan lubed the track. On March 19, 2010 took vehicle into Nissan North for service and requested they check the windows and sunroof, sunroof still squeaking off and on when operated - opening and closing. Nissan lubed windows for noise. June 2011 took vehicle into Nissan North because sunroof made and awful noise and stopped working in mid-close. The service technician manually had to close the sunroof.

- Columbus, OH, USA