2.8

2008 Nissan Altima accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Altima:

2008 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 4 of 7)

Jul 152013

Altima 4-cyl

Dashboard is sticky, melting and causing visual glare impending site.

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

Jul 012013

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard has melted and is now a shiny sticky black surface that cannot be repaired. I did not use any chemicals on the dashboard before this started appearing. Also, the dashboard emits gases that fog the window and cannot be fixed by defrost.

- Mandeville, LA, USA

Aug 012014

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard is melted causing an unsafe and hazardous driving condition. The glare put off by the sticky film when the sun is shining compromises the visibility.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Dec 082014

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard is melting around the vents and other areas. This is causing a dangerous glare on the windshield.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Oct 222014

Altima

My dashboard on my 2008 Nissan Altima appears to be melting resulting in a sticky/tacky texture. The dashboard is causing a glare on the windshield which is posing a great safety issue.

- Largo, FL, USA

Nov 182013

Altima

Starting approximately a year ago, my dashboard began melting. This has produced a sticky, shiny substance on my dash that in turns reflects the sun onto my windshield. It impairs the field of vision at certain times of the day. I have notified Nissan of this issue, and they have stated they do not acknowledge this as a defect.

- Indialantic, FL, USA

Aug 022013

Altima

The dashboard of our 2008 Nissan Altima has started melting and cracking. The dash is now so shiny from the melting substance, that there is a severe glare issue when driving on sunny days. It is almost impossible to read road signs because of this glare. This makes for very hazardous driving. There needs to be a recall issued before an accident or death occurs because of the severe glare.

- Alma, GA, USA

Aug 012014

Altima 4-cyl

Dashboard appears to be "melting". the dash has become sticky and shiny. The shine from the melting dashboard creates a glare on my windshield. This glare has become a safety issue and has interfered with my driving ability. I live in Florida and the sun shines all year. This glare is no doubt a safety hazard and must be recalled. I have contacted the Nissan dealership and Nissan hq and both places will not do anything to repair this without charging $.

- Saint Cloud, FL, USA

Sep 032012

Altima 4-cyl

Dashboard surface has degraded gradually.causing a mirror effect from the sticky surface. It is extremely difficult to see due to the glare from the dash surface at times creating a very dangerous condition. I know of many others in South Florida that have the same condition.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Apr 152014

Altima

Vehicle dashboard is melting and it's difficult to see while driving. It has become a hazard.

- Laredo, TX, USA

Jan 012014

Altima

My dashboard on my 2008 Nissan Altima coupe is melting and causing a extreme glare while driving. I've gone to the Nissan dealer and they refuse to repair my melting dashboard. There is no way to reduce the glare! this is not the consumer's fault... this is a manufacturing defect!

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 012014

Altima

Dashboard melting causing glare making visibility somewhat hampered.

- Lauderdale Lakes, FL, USA

May 012011

Altima 4-cyl

After about 3 years the dash started melting. It gets worse each year. The matte finish on the dash is now a sticky, shiny mess that shines a bad glare on windshield in sunlight and under street lights. It is difficult to see when the light hits it at the right (wrong) angle. Several other people have complained about this same issue for this same year/make/model. 2008 Nissan Altima coupe. Nissan will not fix the problem, offered to replace for $1200 but this is a problem they created by Nissan choosing poor material to construct the dash. Someone shouldn't have to have an accident before this problem is addressed. Nissan should recall and fix the problem.

- Houston, TX, USA

Dec 172011

Altima

Dashboard is melting. Glare makes it almost impossible to see. Safety hazard.

- Miami, FL, USA

Oct 082014

Altima 4-cyl

My car has sticky, melting dashboard that creates a glare on windshield and affects visibility. I am also concerned with the airbag being compromised due to the defective dashboard.

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Mar 102014

Altima 4-cyl

Dashboard appears to be melting. It is sticky and shiny and pieces lift off with anything that is placed on the dash. The effect causes a significant glare in the sunlight that affects driver line of sight. Deterioration has also caused multiple cracks in dash surface that may potentially affect air bag deployment.

- Cantonment, FL, USA

Sep 212014

Altima 4-cyl

Dashboard is melting in all over, the material in the dashboard is now very shiny and makes it difficult to see on a sunny day (it's Florida). Dealership says car is out of warranty and there is no recall by Nissan. This is a huge safety issue as it causes a reflection on my windshield severely impairing my visibility.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Aug 182014

Altima 4-cyl

Dashboard is melting in all over, the material in the dashboard is now very shiny and makes it difficult to see on a sunny day (it's Florida). Dealership says car is out of warranty and there is no recall by Nissan. This is a huge safety issue as it causes a reflection on my windshield severely impairing my visibility and there is a somewhat hazardous smell coming from the melting material.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Oct 012013

Altima 4-cyl

I have a Nissan Altima coupe 2008 2-door and my dash is melting. I live in Florida and now the glare of the dash melting is putting a glare on my windshield and is beginning to be a dangerous driving situation. I have researched this and it seems to be a problem with this vehicle. Today I filed a complaint with Nissan and I am waiting to here back.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jun 042012

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard started melting about 2 years ago. First it was sticky, and now it is has melted to the point that it has become shiny and puts a glare on over half of the windshield. The glare is so intense that the driver cannot see what is in the path of the car. The melting is also releasing something into the car that is causing a residue on all of the windows that is difficult to remove. The residue also creates a glare when the sun is low in sky that decreases visibility. I drive through metro areas and it is often difficult the see pedestrians due to the glare caused by the melting dashboard. This creating a serious safety issue not only for the passengers in the car, but also for others on the road and pedestrians.

- St Petersburg, FL, USA