2008 Nissan Altima accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Altima:

2008 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 5 of 7)

May 012014

Altima 4-cyl

Dashboard is starting to melt around the A/C vents and is sticky to the touch.

- Bethlehem, GA, USA

Jun 012011

Altima 4-cyl

The front dashboard is melting. There is a puddle of melted material that reflects light into the drivers eyes effecting the drivers vision. The company refuses repair the problem stating the car is out of warranty. Believe the material used in the dashboard is defective and should be replaced beyond warranty dates and mileage.

- Tamarac, FL, USA

Aug 242014

Altima 4-cyl

Sections of my dashboard are melting. This condition makes visibility very difficult due to the glare off of the melted dashboard on sunny days.

- Pooler, GA, USA

Aug 152014

Vehicle dash melting. This makes visibility very limited. Glare is strong. Sticky, shiny and dangerous.

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Aug 182014

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard on my Nissan is melting, which causes severe glare on windshield making it hard to see the roadway while driving.

- Miami, FL, USA

Aug 182014

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard on my 2008 Nissan Altima coupe is melting away cause of the sun. I have read blogs online saying im not the only one with this problem. It makes it very difficult to drive during the day because of the reflective glare on the windshield. Im afraid it make cause an accident. I limit driving during the day because of this issue. Please help!!!

- Miami, FL, USA

Dec 162013

The dashboard on my Nissan Altima is melting. The material has become very shiny and sticky creating a horrible glare on my windshield and I cannot see while I am driving. It is very dangerous and I was told by Nissan the melting material is emitting fumes. The windshield also has a constant film on it from the melting material, which combined with the glare is hazardous.

- Wesley Chapel, FL, USA

Aug 022012

Altima 4-cyl

Dashboard is sticky and melting. Can't clean it. Glare on the windshield affects safe driving.

- Clearwater, FL, USA

Aug 112014

My dashboard is melting and creates a glare on my windshield and it's difficult to see out of. It could cause a severe accident.

- Apollo Beach, FL, USA

Jul 022012

Dashboard is sticky and the glare from the sun reflects onto the windshield and you cannot see properly. Only thing you can see is the dashboard reflecting off of the windshield.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 142012

Altima 4-cyl

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5S dash panel/dashboard is melting. The dash panel soft-touch coating material first turned sticky and eventually disintegrated into a viscous substance. Surface finish turned from matte to high gloss. The now reflective dash surface causes a large glare on the windshield and obstructs driver's visibility.

- Dania Beach, FL, USA

Sep 012012

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard in my 2008 Altima coupe is melting and creates an extremely reflective surface that prevents me from being able to see the road, while driving in sunny condition. The melting/sticky started with a small spot on the dash then the problem got worse and spread over the entire dashboard. The glare caused by the melting dashboard is a definite safety hazard and it is getting worse.

- Westwego, LA, USA

Jul 312014

Altima 4-cyl

My dashboard is sticky I had brought it in at 42000 miles weston Nissan told me to use alcohol and they never saw anything like that and didn't know what to tell me about it....I went back again at 52000 miles and again said their was nothing they can vision is at risk it is blinding off the windshield I hit a stop sign in my complex which I could not see because of the blinding sun on my windshield, so now the front of my car has a ding....I have filed complaints Nissan has done nothingi have filed complaints with customer service of Nissan more than twice....

- Hialeah, FL, USA

Jul 252014

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard of my Nissan Altima coupe has been melting, this causes some severe glare specially here in sunny South Florida, please don't wait until there's a life lost to recall this issue. Some citizens can't afford to have this manufactured defect corrected out of pocket. Please, please, please correct the issue. Thank you very much.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Jan 192012

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that while driving at 60 mph, there was a glare on the dashboard that reflected to the windshield causing the contacts frontal view to become impaired. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 30,000 and the current mileage was 60,000.

- Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA

Jul 112014

Altima 4-cyl

I purchased a 2008 Nissan Altima brand new in 2007, and currently the dashboard is melting. I recently visited my local Nissan dealership as I was told to do by Nissan Consumer Affairs for a diagnostics. There the dealership also agreed the dashboard is peeling and melting. I was quoted a total cost of $1860 for parts and labor. I then contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs regarding the matter and they created a case# and said they would get back with me on the issue. A week later they contacted me to say that they will pay for the parts but not the labor because my vehicle is no longer under warranty. I cannot possibly understand why I should be penalized or have to pay for any of this when it is completely not my fault. This is the first I have ever seen of a melting dashboard and I've had two cars prior to this one, one being a 1995 and there were no issues of a melting dashboard. This melting dashboard is also hazardous for me, the child I'm carrying and my two year old son, as it does affect my view while driving when its sunny out, which is pretty much all the time where I live, there is a really bad glare of the dashboard on my windshield. Unfortunately this car is my only means of transportation and buying another car is out of the question for me financially.

- Sebring, FL, USA

Jun 202014

My 2008 Nissan Altima dashboard is very sticky and melting. I called Nissan and make my first complaint 2 months too late was told. Since then the melting and stickiness on the complete top of the dash board is getting worse. Inside the car now it"S also smelling like melted tar, which may represent a health issue when breathing it, and with it the intense glare, reflection of the glossy tar on the front window it's a severe safety hazard when driving, especially when this also could result in airbags being suppressed which could fail to provide adequate protection in the event of an accident. Nissan refuses to help replace this defective dash board. Last week I called Nissan again. This time because the A/C"S evaporator needs to be replaced.I understand the cost of this would be my responsibility to pay, but because this is under the defective dash board, this one would have to be removed in order to replace the evaporator. Once removed, the melted dash board, no guarantee could be installed again, I was told by service rep at Nissan. A Nissan supervisor told me the same as others and suggested for me to call NHTSA and file a complaint, so they would work on a recall for this. My A/C needs to be fixed. I'm in fl where weather conditions and rainy season it's next to impossible to drive with windows down. I'm aware that A/C repair is my responsibility but I believe it's unfair to have to pay an additional 2,000 because of Nissan's defective material used on dashboards. This is a known concern since others have had the same issue. If Nissan doesn't do right by its consumers and or a recall is issue, there would be many consumers in the future with risks of accidents and/or possible respiratory health issues. A simple search on your page you find many other consumers with same problem. Nissan makes it sound like these are isolated issues.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Jun 012013

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard is melting, getting shiny and sticky. The sun reflects off the dashboard onto the windshield, obscuring vision. This creates a serious safety hazard. The first time this occurred, my vision was pretty much blinded. Had the vehicle in front of me elected to stop or slow down at that time, there would have been an accident.

- Kapolei, HI, USA

Jan 012014

Altima 4-cyl

I noticed in the beginning of this year my dashboard started to melt. It is getting worse and it makes a glare off my windshield. The glare is so bad that I can barely see out my front window!!

- Spring Hill, FL, USA

Jan 012014

Dashboard is melting and causing a glare, thus making it difficult to see. Its a safety hazard. Nissan needs to recall melted dashboards. There are multiple people who are experiencing this problem. Link:

- Malden, MA, USA