2008 Nissan Altima body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Altima:

2008 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 3 of 10)

Sep 152012

My 2008 Nissan Altima dash is melting. It is impossible to see when facing the sun and a safety hazard. Nissan needs to recall this item.

- Lumberton, TX, USA

Jan 012013

Dash board melting.

- Port Saint Lucie , FL, USA

Jan 152015

Altima 4-cyl

Dash board is very sticky. Have called the dealer but they don't seem to care. Invested too much $$ for this to happen with no one taking credit and wanting to fix it. The glare is becoming an issue (esp living in the South where the sun shines brightly) your help is greatly appreciated.

- Iowa, LA, USA

Jan 052015

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard of our 2008 Nissan Altima has begun to melt causing it to become very shiny and reflect sunlight directly into the driver's eyes or reflect off of the windshield causing it very difficult to see. The worst thing about it is that is hits you when you least expect it based on the angle of the sun and causing difficulty seeing other traffic/pedestrians.

- Port Orange, FL, USA

Sep 222014

Altima 4-cyl

Sometime in the fall of 2014 I noticed an area on the dashboard of my 2008 Nissan Altima was beginning to appear "sticky" looking. My first thought was that a drink may have been spilled on the dash when entering/exiting the vehicle and the lingering residue had formed a coating. When I got home I tried wiping the affected area of the dashboard with water on a rag. Quickly the rag became stuck to the dashboard material itself and couldn't be moved in a wiping motion any further. The rag took some effort to be separated from the dashboard, and sticking to it was a thick rubbery substance that was the same color black as the dashboard. It was then I realized that the dashboard itself was melting. Since then the problem has gotten worse and the area of melted dashboard has increased in size. Large spots on the driver and passenger sides' dash are now melted, as well as small areas above the A/C vents. The melted areas have a very shiny appearance that creates significant glare on the windshield. At certain angles with sunlight the glare creates a large visual distraction/obstruction and it is a dangerous safety hazard. The reflection from the dashboard onto the windshield can make it very hard to see pedestrians, other cars, traffic signs; anything that is in the area of windshield with the reflected glare becomes very difficult to see. In addition to the safety concerns, I cannot put anything on the dashboard now. Everything I've placed on it will stick to the dash, and will come off with a sticky black rubber coating on it when removed from the dash. It's awful. And I fear that the substance melting could possibly be carcinogenic and making the air in the car toxic. This is a serious problem and there needs to be a recall from the manufacturer to fix it. It is 100% a manufacturer defect. Please make Nissan address this issue! please help with this! thank you

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Aug 022010

Altima 4-cyl

I bought my 2008 Nissan Altima coupe 2.5 S brand new from the dealer with no problems whatsoever. This car is in great condition, but the only problem is the dashboard. But over the course of 5 years my car's dashboard has been progressively melting and I believe that if it is not fixed by the manufacturer it can lead to a safety problem on all cars that have this problem. Personally I have never seen a dashboard melt, so I would really appreciate if this can be recalled and fixed because honestly its a manufacturers problem, not a consumers. Thank you for your time.

- Davenport, FL, USA

Dec 012010

My 2008 Nissan Altima coupe's dashboard is melting. The material used for the dashboard seems to be inferior and it cannot accommodate the weather in fl. The whole dashboard is sticky and looks wet. Sometimes this results in a glare that can pose as a driving hazard. This happened a few years ago and I only recently found out that I am not the only person with this problem.

- Loxahatchee, FL, USA

Aug 082014

Dashboard is melting causing severe glare from the sun which is causing a safety issue (cannot see vehicle in front of me with glare present).

- Palm Harbor, FL, USA

Jul 312011

I bought a 2008 Nissan Altima in Florida. I first started to notice my dashboard had a sticky residue in July 2011. It has been progressively worse everyday. I have also begin to notice my dashboard is also cracking. I know this is not an isolated issue. The visibility has become a safety concern. There are times where I can't even see the road due to the glare. This issue needs to looked at if not recalled.

- Yigo, GU, USA

Dec 012014

Altima 6-cyl

The dashboard on this vehicle is melting. This is causing a dangerous glare while driving. Nissan will do nothing about this. A recall needs to occur.

- Palm City, FL, USA

Jul 152013

Altima 4-cyl

Dashboard is sticky, melting and causing visual glare impending site.

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

Jul 012013

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard has melted and is now a shiny sticky black surface that cannot be repaired. I did not use any chemicals on the dashboard before this started appearing. Also, the dashboard emits gases that fog the window and cannot be fixed by defrost.

- Mandeville, LA, USA

Mar 102010

I just brought the car on the 12 and I notice that the dashboard melting.

- Miami, FL, USA

Dec 202013

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard is melting with this sticky substance that can't be wiped off. It is so bad now there is a terrible glare that makes the vehicle unsafe to drive.

- Stuart, FL, USA

Sep 012014

The dashboard is melting and it is causing a dangerous glare while driving. Nissan will not do anything about this...

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Aug 012014

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard is melted causing an unsafe and hazardous driving condition. The glare put off by the sticky film when the sun is shining compromises the visibility.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Mar 012014

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard on my 2008 Nissan Altima coupe has a sticky tar like substance spreading over my dashboard. This limits visibility while driving, driving in the sun it is very difficult to see traffic lights, street signs, and anything else you are trying to see out of the front window. I love my car but it is dangerous! it is impossible to clean or cover up. Anything that touches it gets tar like stuff on it that won't come off.when putting on and taking off the sun shield you must be very careful not to touch anything with the sun shade or you will have tar in the interior of your car and your clothes.

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

Aug 012014

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard is melting. I live in Florida so it's constantly hot. Sometimes when I'm driving I get this blinding glare because the dashboard is reflecting the sun into my eyes.

- Leesburg, FL, USA

Nov 252014

The dashboard of my Altima is also getting sticky and the glare is a safety issue. I'm not sure if you have ever tried driving with something like a mirror reflecting a bright light in your eyes, but its an issue. It makes it impossible to see things in a lot of cases; like anytime the sun is out. I almost hit a child today on the way to school because the glare was directly in my eyes and it happened all of a sudden. These dashboards suck and Nissan shouldn't be allowed to produce safety hazard ridden things that are sticky and tacky and literally falling apart. Every time something nicks it creates a dent in the dashboard. They need to come up with a solution or replace it.

- Palm Bay, FL, USA

Jun 042014

Altima 6-cyl

Dashboard has melted and the glare from the sun reflecting off of the melted dashboard makes driving a hazard.

- Pensacola, FL, USA