2008 Nissan Altima body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Altima:

2008 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 5 of 10)

Mar 012014

Altima

I keep my car in immaculate condition. I was cleaning my dash and noticed a very sticky substance. My dashboard is super soft and sinking. Like its melting. I hope no toxic fumes are being released and my dashboard doesn't collapse or cause further damage.

- Pike Road, AL, USA

Aug 012013

Altima 6-cyl

After about 5 years of owning my car (Nissan Altima coupe 08), I began to notice a sticky substance on my dashboard. After a little while I realized that it was actually melting. The melting spread to cover about 80% of the dashboard. As time passed, the stickiness has caused me to not be able to drive during mid-day hours because of the glare coming off the dashboard and hitting the windshield. Even with high end polarized sunglasses, I am scared of driving because there's too many things I can't really see on the road. Recently, in addition to the sticky melting dash it has began to crack along the edges. The side and back windows have been tinted since the day I bought the car in 07 and I used to use a sunshield for the front until the melting began becoming too messy to keep using.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Oct 012013

Altima 4-cyl

I have a Nissan Altima coupe 2008 2-door and my dash is melting. I live in Florida and now the glare of the dash melting is putting a glare on my windshield and is beginning to be a dangerous driving situation. I have researched this and it seems to be a problem with this vehicle. Today I filed a complaint with Nissan and I am waiting to here back.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Sep 112014

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard is melting on my 2008 Nissan Altima. I know first reports were back in 2009 and nothings been done about these dashboards. The dealerships (yes more then one) claim they are helping but I doubt it, if people are still complaining about it today in 2014 means nothings been done to help out the consumers. Melting dashboards can cause the airbags too go off when it gets to close, or even electrical issues since there's tons of wiring in the dash and also it puts out a huge glare on the windshield on sunny days meaning it can be really hard to see the road. I'm surprised there hasn't been a recall out yet on this since it is a safety issue now. Something has to be done it's a manufacture defect so those dealerships should take charge of there consumers cars and help us/them out with this situation. Or are they not concern for our safety? if so that's a huge no-no, could get a lot of dealerships in trouble and lose business that way, so please do something about this. No one wants to pay 1500$+ for a new dash when the manufacturer is at fault here. Thank you for the time.

- Austin, TX, USA

Jun 042012

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard started melting about 2 years ago. First it was sticky, and now it is has melted to the point that it has become shiny and puts a glare on over half of the windshield. The glare is so intense that the driver cannot see what is in the path of the car. The melting is also releasing something into the car that is causing a residue on all of the windows that is difficult to remove. The residue also creates a glare when the sun is low in sky that decreases visibility. I drive through metro areas and it is often difficult the see pedestrians due to the glare caused by the melting dashboard. This creating a serious safety issue not only for the passengers in the car, but also for others on the road and pedestrians.

- St Petersburg, FL, USA

Aug 012011

Altima

The dashboard is basically melting. It begins as just sticky, however it is really slowly melting and breaking down. It creates a bad glare when you are driving and it's really a safety issue. It should be replaced by Nissan.

- Winter Garden, FL, USA

Sep 052014

Altima

Dashboard is melting!!!!! it is making the dashboard very shiny and it is so hard to see from the glare! I have had several "almost accidents" from not being able to see. Clearly this is a default in the material of the dash. I see several others are having the same problem! this needs to be recalled before someone is killed from this stupid default!

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

Jun 012011

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard of my car appears to be melting. It is extremely sticky and cannot be cleaned. The glare sometimes is unbearable. I thought I was the only one with this problem but apparently, I'm not. I feel this should be recalled and repaired.

Sep 142012

Altima 4-cyl

My dashboard started melting about 2 years ago. It is getting worse and causes a terrible glare on my windshield.

- Bonita Springs, FL, USA

May 012014

Altima 4-cyl

Dashboard is starting to melt around the A/C vents and is sticky to the touch.

- Bethlehem, GA, USA

Jun 012011

Altima 4-cyl

The front dashboard is melting. There is a puddle of melted material that reflects light into the drivers eyes effecting the drivers vision. The company refuses repair the problem stating the car is out of warranty. Believe the material used in the dashboard is defective and should be replaced beyond warranty dates and mileage.

- Tamarac, FL, USA

May 082014

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard is melting away. The melting dashboard creates a terrible glare and at times makes it difficult to drive. Not sure why it is melting except that it appears to be a defect and the glare causes a safety issue while driving.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Aug 262014

Altima 4-cyl

My dashboard appears to be melting. It is very sticky to the touch and creating a glare in the windshield. I tried wiping it down with a damp cloth but it remains very sticky and the glare remains making it hard to see in the sun. I'm concerned about the safety of driving on sunny days with the glare.

- Gulf Shores, AL, USA

Jun 012010

Altima 6-cyl

Dashboard started melting soon after we purchased the vehicle. It has gotten progressively worse as time goes on. It is a safety issue due to the glare it causes as the sun shining in. It has gotten so sticky that you can't even put a windshield cover up to try to protect the dash. Even with the windshield protector the dash was still melting.

- Lakewood Ranch, FL, USA

Aug 242014

Altima 4-cyl

Sections of my dashboard are melting. This condition makes visibility very difficult due to the glare off of the melted dashboard on sunny days.

- Pooler, GA, USA

Sep 012013

Altima 4-cyl

I saw on the news that there might be a recall on melted dashboards for Toyota and Nissan vehicles, so I decided to file a claim. The dashboard in my car started to melt a month after I purchased it, which was a year ago.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Aug 152014

Altima

Vehicle dash melting. This makes visibility very limited. Glare is strong. Sticky, shiny and dangerous.

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Aug 182014

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard on my Nissan is melting, which causes severe glare on windshield making it hard to see the roadway while driving.

Aug 182014

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard on my 2008 Nissan Altima coupe is melting away cause of the sun. I have read blogs online saying im not the only one with this problem. It makes it very difficult to drive during the day because of the reflective glare on the windshield. Im afraid it make cause an accident. I limit driving during the day because of this issue. Please help!!!

Jan 112012

Altima

The dashboard first started getting sticky and then it started progressing really fast with the all over melting and sinking in. The glare was so bad that I first put a towel on it till it was stuck and I had a hard time removing it after I got a dashboard cover. Now I can see cracks all the way down to the air conditioning vents and the side by the radio. The smell is absolutely disgusting. I'm really embarrassed about anyone riding in my car ever though it looks really good on the outside. I'm hoping the car manufacture gets enough complaints that they will do something about it. I know I will never buy a Nissan again and when you are comparing the price of a new car compared to what repairing the problem would be. It would make more sense to go ahead an fix the problem for the owners of the car..

- Valrico, FL, USA