2008 Nissan Altima body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Altima:

2008 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 6 of 10)

Aug 012012

My 2008 Nissan Altima coupe has a melting dashboard. The dash is melting so bad that it is causing an extremely bad glare on my windshield and I can't see brake lights of cars ahead of me or even a car if it's small.

- Auburndale, FL, USA

Jul 182014

The dashboard has a big glare to it that causes difficulty viewing the road. It gets worse during the day but still causes problems at night. I am afraid I will not be able to react in am accident if I can't see.

- New Port Richey, FL, USA

Aug 112014

My dashboard is melting and creates a glare on my windshield and it's difficult to see out of. It could cause a severe accident.

- Apollo Beach, FL, USA

Jun 152013

Altima 4-cyl

Dashboard is melting causing a glare that is a danger in seeing properly.

- Santa Fe, TX, USA

Jul 022014

Altima 4-cyl

Recently I have been parking in the sun at work and I've noticed that my dashboard has been damaging by the heat of the sun. It's to the point where items stick to the dashboard. I would appreciate if you could help me fix this problem.

Jul 022012

Dashboard is sticky and the glare from the sun reflects onto the windshield and you cannot see properly. Only thing you can see is the dashboard reflecting off of the windshield.

Aug 292013

The dashboard is melting and causing a very nasty shine!!!! it's hard to drive when the sun is out.

- Decatur, GA, USA

Jan 022012

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard is melting and as a result its putting a glare on my windshield which at times makes it very difficult to see.

- Hialeah, FL, USA

Aug 142012

Altima 4-cyl

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5S dash panel/dashboard is melting. The dash panel soft-touch coating material first turned sticky and eventually disintegrated into a viscous substance. Surface finish turned from matte to high gloss. The now reflective dash surface causes a large glare on the windshield and obstructs driver's visibility.

- Dania Beach, FL, USA

Sep 012012

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard in my 2008 Altima coupe is melting and creates an extremely reflective surface that prevents me from being able to see the road, while driving in sunny condition. The melting/sticky started with a small spot on the dash then the problem got worse and spread over the entire dashboard. The glare caused by the melting dashboard is a definite safety hazard and it is getting worse.

- Westwego, LA, USA

Aug 012013

Altima 4-cyl

My dashboard of my car is melting.

- Miami Gardens, FL, USA

Jul 312014

Altima 4-cyl

My dashboard is sticky I had brought it in at 42000 miles weston Nissan told me to use alcohol and they never saw anything like that and didn't know what to tell me about it....I went back again at 52000 miles and again said their was nothing they can vision is at risk it is blinding off the windshield I hit a stop sign in my complex which I could not see because of the blinding sun on my windshield, so now the front of my car has a ding....I have filed complaints Nissan has done nothingi have filed complaints with customer service of Nissan more than twice....

- Hialeah, FL, USA

Aug 012013

Altima 4-cyl

My Nissan Altima 2008 dashboard is melting and has become very shiny. The reflective glare is a hazard during daylight hours and is unsafe.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Aug 142013

Altima 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that the dashboard was becoming soft causing a strong glaze to be reflected and was restricting the view of the contact. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the technician diagnosed that the dashboard needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 40,000. Updated 9/18/14 the consumer the dashboard was melting. Updated 11/18/14

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Jul 042011

Altima 4-cyl

Dashboard is melting and sticky.

- Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA

Jun 022014

Altima 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that the dashboard was melting and exposed an extremely shiny surface that reflected when the sun shone onto the vehicle which was creating a visibility hazard. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who indicated that the dashboard needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 64,000. Updated 3/18/15 updated 10/19/2015

Dec 112013

My 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5sl's dashboard developed a gooey/sticky substance that I can't seem to get off...almost as if it's melting. The problem is the glare from the sun impacts my view as it projects up at the windshield.

- Davie, FL, USA

Sep 282013

Altima 4-cyl

2008 model year Nissan Altima coupe - recurring problem with dashboard. Dashboard material "melts" when exposed to sunlight or radiant heat from being parked in the sun. The dash material feels oily to the touch and becomes malleable; touching it leaves a permanent impression. The main issue, however, is that the dashboard becomes highly reflective and causes glare, drastically reducing visibility. The vehicle is parked under shade as often as possible and a sun shade is used on the front windshield when there's no shade to park under - practices which have kept up since the car was purchased new in November 2007. The problem has been getting worse over time; becoming increasingly shiny each time it is exposed to sunlight. I'm thankful I haven't been in an accident caused by this issue but am certainly concerned by the reduced visibility. Many other complaints about this issue can be found on the Nissan infiniti car owners online forum:

- Miami, FL, USA

Jul 182012

I am so upset because my dashboard is melting and it looks horrible. My dashboard is so sticky and is coming right off and cannot even be touched. It is a safety hazard because the glare from the sun and dashboard makes it very hard to see! I am sad that I paid so much money for my car and it has this problem.

- Homestead, FL, USA

Nov 012013

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard on my car is sticky and gooey and reflects sunlight glare that makes it almost impossible to see through when sunny. I am short and have to sit and stop between the glare where there is a small area that doesnt obstruct my vision. I also have cracks around steering wheel and stereo areas and have chunk of the dashboard now revealing the foam underneath. The rest of the car is in mint condition other than the dash. I reported to Nissan and they told me to get estimate to get fixed. I still have received no response on what they are doing but the estimate came in at over 2500 and I cant afford to shell out that kind of money. The problem is getting worse and spreading quickly. I just paid off the car in February this year and it began to show signs of glare at that time. The sticky started around November or and I thought it was our fault until I saw a story about the melting dashboards on our local news and the pictures were exactly as my car showed. I am most concerned with the glare as I feel it is a definite safety hazard and it is getting worse. I have tinted windows and have always kept my car in the garage but it hasnt eliminated or slowed the issue.

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA