2008 Nissan Altima body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Altima:

2008 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Oct 222016

Altima

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that the dashboard melted. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage and VIN were unknown.

- Miami Gardens, FL, USA

Oct 012016

Altima

Dashboard has black sticky substance that reflects a glare and is hard to see out of the windshield. The glare is so distracting at times that it is hard to see the road clearly. I am concerned that this is a manufactures defect and that the area affected will continue to grow which will serverly affect the ability to see clearly

- Spring, TX, USA

Oct 012012

Altima

My 2008 Nissan Altima dash has been melting for the past 3-4 years and is now causing an inability to see while driving. There is a large reflection on the windshield during daytime driving making it very difficult to see objects and other cars in front of me. The corporate office at Nissan offered 1/2 off the price, but I believe this should be a recall due to the dangers that it's causing for many drivers.

- Deltona, FL, USA

Sep 282016

Altima

Dashboard in 2008 Nissan Altima appears to be melting, becoming very sticky and causing a glare on the windshield. Unable to clean it with anything, due to the gummy texture of the dash. Has a shiny appearance to it and gets worse every day. This is causing a problem with vision on bright sunny days while driving. Afraid as it gets progressively worse how it will affect the electrical components inside of the dash area.

- Ocilla, GA, USA

Jan 012010

Altima

The dash of my 2008 Nissan Altima is melting or deteriorating. It has become so shiny that when the sun or streetlights reflect on my windshield, it is almost a complete white-out effect. I nearly hit a pedestrian crossing the street because I could not see them. Nissan has been contacted repeatedly and I have not had an acknowledgement from them. A local dealer said that this was not a defect, but I have seen numerous complaints about the same problem. The stickiness I could live with, but the way it reflects off my windshield is dangerous.

- Hazlehust, GA, USA

Jan 312016

Altima

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Altima. While driving 20 mph, there was a reflection on the dashboard that obstructed the contact's vision. The contact noticed that the dashboard was melting. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Miami, FL, USA

Feb 102015

Altima

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that the dashboard on the driver side cracked and melted with a sticky substance. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 148,815.

- Houston, TX, USA

Feb 272014

Altima

The dashboard is sticky which sometimes causes a glare on the windshield when driving the vehicle. My daughter is 18 and the primary driver of the vehicle. She has stated that sometimes on sunny days there is a glare on the windshield caused by the sticky dashboard. My concern is for her safety when driving and this causing an accident because of it. We live in Texas where the heat and sun can be extreme at times.

- Spring, TX, USA

Jul 012015

Altima

Dashboard, steering wheel, and shift handle have all melted from heat. The dashboard has become almost liquified, and the glare from the now shiny surface creates a reflection on the windshield, creating a safety hazard. The steering wheel has become gummy, making steering unsafe, and the rubbery material on the shift handle has become gummy, making it difficult to safely shift gears accuarately.

- Kenner, LA, USA

Jun 052014

Altima

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that the dashboard was melting and clinging. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- Kenner, LA, USA

Apr 182016

Altima

5 yrs ago the sound of my engine changed and upon inspection the welding on the exhaust manifold was cracked. I was informed by pembroke pines Nissan that since car is at 38,500 miles and out of warranty despite it being a manufacture failure it would set me back $975. I didn't have the repair done. For the past 3 yrs, my passenger airbag light will turn off and on even irregardless if someone is in the seat or not. Furthermore, the radio will go blank or have illegible characters on it. I too have the melting dash issue as well as a couple of times I slipped and my finger nail has gouged out pieces of dash board. It's amazing that Lexus has issued a recall on their melting dash board on the IS250 & IS350 issues but Nissan could care less about its brand or reputation; I guess that's what happens when the company isn't whole Japanese owned.

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Jul 202015

Altima

My dashboard is sticky and cracking in many places. It also gets so hot in the summer that I was removing something from it and my fingernail took a piece of the dash. My car is garage kept and when parked in the sun, sun shields are used. I noticed this issue in July of last year. Nissan dealer said warranty would not cover it and there was nothing that could be done.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Nov 102012

Altima

Dash board is melting. Bought the car in 2012 and noticed tackiness in places and asked dealership about it and they said it wasn't a problem. Well less than a year later the dash was noticeable melting and cracking in many places. I have a child that rides in the car with me. I get nervous when driving towards the sun. These cars shouldn't be doing this and should be recalled and Nissan fix the problem before someone is in a fatal accident because they could T see.

- New Iberia, LA, USA

Apr 012016

Altima

My Altima front dash board are starting to melt under the sun, it becomes really sticky and it smells really bad. Sometimes its really hard to see because the glare from the melting dash board. Its both a safe and health issue, that Nissan should be responsible for and this needs to be a recall before it cause a permanent damage.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 162014

Altima

The dashboard is melting and reflecting on the glass. It makes it hard to see whats in front of you when the sun is hitting on your car.

- Austin, TX, USA

May 012015

Altima

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that the dashboard melted in the sun and produced a glare, which made it difficult for the contact to drive the vehicle in the sun. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 93,000.

- Hammond, LA, USA

Jan 012016

Altima

The dashboard is melting, cracking and crumbling. The melting has created a sheen that reflects on the windshield causing visibility to be severely impaired. The dash is very sticky to the touch. Further, the melting is causing a toxic chemical odor and what appears to be possible fume deposits on the inside of the front windshield. These are both clearly safety hazards that need to be immediately addressed by Nissan. The exterior paint is failing as well. It is fading, peeling and the clear coat has degraded on much of the vehicle resulting in continued degradation.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Dec 032015

Altima

Dashboard is melting, making it very difficult to see during the day with the sun's glare.

- Miami, FL, USA

Aug 032015

Altima

Dashboard cracking and seeping sticky fluid on top of dashboard melting

- St Petersburg, FL, USA

Dec 012015

Altima

08 Nissan Altima coupe that I purchased new in South Florida February 08 that I've owned since has a melted, sticky, and cracked dashboard. Also, the dash is changing colors. The defective and melted dashboard makes it dangerous to drive because the sun reflects on the dashboard making it very hard to see out of the windshield. As referenced in the class action lawsuit tracy sanborn V. Nissan North America, Inc. My car should be covered. I spoke with a rep at 1-800-Nissan-1 and they claimed to have no idea this existing. I have opened my case and will hopefully get it fixed soon.

- Coral Springs, FL, USA