2008 Nissan Altima brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Altima:

2008 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jul 282009

Altima

My name is fatima owodunni, I am reporting an accident I had with my Nissan Altima 2008 on 7/28/09. It happened in the parking lot of bed bath and beyond @ owings mills md when I tried to park the car. I put the gear in a reverse mode to back up into a space but instead of the car driving backward it went with such an unimaginable speed forward, I slammed on the brake to stop the car instantly but the braked failed. I then crashed into 3 other cars and one person injured due to the crash. I reported this issue to Nissan na but they refused to accept negligence. I told police officer what had happened but didn't believe me and he wrote in his report that maybe I pressed on the gas pedal rather than the brake but I was the only one that knew what had happened. Nissan na rejected my claim saying the investigation didn't reveal that anything was wrong with the car. Please help, I'm still driving the car but I drive in fear anytime I'm behind the wheel. Thank you!

- Pikesville, MD, USA