2.5

2008 Nissan Altima brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Altima:

2008 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jan 012011

Altima

My 2008 Nissan Altima master break cylinder needed to be replaced due to a leak after around 60K miles. Before the brake light came on there was a reduced braking capacity and at around 35-40K miles I bought new brake pads due to this loss of fluid thinking the brake pads needed to be replaced. After taking the wheels off I found the pads to be just fine and topped off the fluid. I had noted this many times when I brought it in for an oil change but I was told the brakes were in good shape. During one of the scheduled maintenances' the technician noticed the leaking brake master cylinder.

- Knoxville, TN, USA