8.5

1. replace brake switch & sub harness (4 reports)
2008 Nissan Altima electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Altima:

2008 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jul 052012

Altima LX 2.5L

Hottest day of summer car wouldn't start.repair shop closed.

- , Annapolis, Maryland, USA

May 162013

Altima 2.5s

I HAVE HAD THIS BRAKE SWITCH REPAIRED ON A 2008 NISSAN ALTIMA ONCE SO FAR. NISSAN CHARGED ME 243.00 TO JUST REPLACE THE SWITCH. THEY WANTED TO CHARGE ME OVER 500.00 TO REPLACE THE SWITCH AND HARNESS. I COULD ONLY AFFORD THE SWITCH SO THEY WOULD NOT WARRANT THE WORK WITHOUT THE HARNESS REPLACEMENT. I AM SOOOO PISSED ABOUT THIS ISSUE. THEY MAKE THESE VEHICLE PARTS TO FAIL IN ORDER TO CHARGE CUSTOMERS OUTLANDISH CHARGES! NISSAN SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES FOR THIS! I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER VEHICLE WITH THIS KIND OF START SYSTEM!

- , Jonesboro, AR, USA

Oct 152011

Altima S 4 cyl

My altima just wouldn't start one morning. I had a friend jump start it for me and I took it to advanced auto parts for a new battery and the told me my battery was fine. I ended up taking to my mechanic who told me what was wrong but only nissan was can fix it. I have an appointment with nissan on Monday but after much research I have found many others with the same issues and around the same pricing for fixing it , which was $500 to $600. I did call nissan warranty but of course my warranty was up due to over mileage.This is a serious problem with nissan has with these computerized cars and should be put in for recall due to an electrical problem. I should not have to pay so much on a three year old car that I am still paying a car note on.

- , Silver Springs, MD, USA

Apr 112011

Altima S 2.5L 4 cyl

• CVT transmission

The Altima out of nowhere had a problem starting so thinking it was the battery I took it to Walmart (even though battery was replaced 6 months prior). The battery was tested and was bad so they replaced it. Then it wouldn't start. So I had to get it towed to the Nissan Dealer and after several hours they finally figured out the Brake Switch & Sub Harness had shorted out. (Batter I assume was giving "extra" juice for each start and switch ended up completely going out). If your wondering what the Brake Switch & Sub Harness does it basically tells your car you are pushing the brake which then allows the car to start. So when it shorted the car didn't think I was pushing the brake and wouldn't start. Of course my warranty went out a few months ago. Parts were $313.11 & Labor $148.99 and with taxes and everything total was $499.57.

- , Burleson, TX, USA