2008 Nissan Altima engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Altima:

2008 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jan 252008

Altima 4-cyl

I heard a noise while I was on the highway it sounded like something fell off but the car only had 600 miles on it so I just thought it was a rock or something in the road that got kicked up. About a minute later my accessory belt that controls the power steering, the water pump, the alternator and the tensioner pulley flew off. After getting towed to the dealer I found out that the pulley broke off which cause the belt to come off. I had the tensioner pulley and the belt replaced, but now it seems it may have cause another problem when shifting in reverse now it makes a clunking noise (it is going into the shop for this problem this weekend).

- Stratford, CT, USA

Jan 272008

Altima 4-cyl

Tensioner from engine that creates tension to the belt fell off while I my wife was driving the car. The steering wheel locked.

- Scotch Plains, NJ, USA