2008 Nissan Altima miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Altima:

2008 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Dec 012013

Dashboard is melting. It is sticky and shiny where the sun hits the dashboard. The dull part has burned away leaving a shiny part that causes a glare. The glare is right in my line of vision and makes it difficult to drive.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Sep 232013

I am writing because I have a problem with my 2008 Nissan Altima coupe where my dashboard is melting in. I live in the Florida area and have noticed many other customers are having the same problem in this year alone all in Florida. Here is the forum which I found many having the similar problem the issue is causing a glare on my windshield making it very hard for me to drive and see. I went to my Nissan dealership where the vehicle was purchased and they stated changing the dash is a lot of work and very expensive that only giving a dash cover can be done. I dont like the way the dash cover looks and shouldnt be forced to cover a problem that is a safety hazard because of a defective product.

- Sanford, FL, USA

Jun 252010

Letter from congressman tiberi on behalf of constituent regarding Nissan dealership (dot/I#2010-2206) the consumer was unable to secure financing after loosing his job and wanted to return the vehicle to the dealership. However, Nissan stated they would finance the vehicle, even though the consumer stated he no longer has a job. Nissan stated the consumer is still responsible for the loan.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Nov 122009

Brakes were making a noise for a 2nd time; already replaced once when I told abc Nissan phoenix, AZ (where purchased) that at speed less then 25 mph my brakes were making a noise. The other day went to brake at 14 mph in very heavy traffic on the freeway during rush hour and brakes locked up and had to use the emergency brake to avoid a collision (mind you I was one car length behind the car in front of me). I am afraid to drive my Nissan Altima now!! this is ridiculous.

- Queen Creek, AZ, USA