2008 Nissan Altima miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Altima:

2008 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

May 072015

Altima

As I was driving home on the interstate my 2008 Nissan Altima transmission made a loud noise and lost drive, I had to swerve to avoid getting run over by a 18 wheeler. I just made to the right shoulder. I was right next to an exit, the motor would rev but the car would not go more the 5 mph. Nissan says my car is not covered under warranty I had to pay $3000 to have the transmission replaced.

- Pembroke Pine, FL, USA

Jan 012013

Altima

The dashboard on my 2008 Nissan Altima coupe has been melting and causing very dangerous glare for a couple of years. In 2013 Nissan evaluated my vehicle and advised me that nothing could be done because the vehicle was out of warranty and there has been no recall. It is getting significantly worse as time goes on and there is absolutley no way to clean it so now dust and debris collects and sticks and it is becoming a breathing hazard to me. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Pompano Beach , FL, USA

Jun 262014

Altima 4-cyl

Dashboard has melted to the point of being bare in some places. Over 40% of the dash is covered with a glossy substance making it extremely difficult to see through the windshield when the sun is overhead. Numerous times I have almost ran over a pedestrian due to this low visibility issue.

- Panama City, FL, USA

Aug 152014

Altima 4-cyl

Dash has melted causing sticky mess and glare causing lack of visibility while driving which could result in an accident. Contacted Nissan several times they were no help and said they would not help with cost of replacing dash.

- Decatur, TX, USA

Sep 012012

Altima

On February 2013 I had a frontal car accident due to the glare on my windshield of my melting dash board on my 08 Altima. My dashboard seems to be melting with out no reason. Dealer will not replace defective dashboard as it is not part of a recall. This is a serious issue which may cause a serious accident raven death to a motorist or pedestrian. Nissan needs to make a recall on this issue, it is obvious that this was a defect on their behalf for the majority of 08 Altima. *

- Miami, FL, USA

Dec 012013

Altima

Dashboard is melting. It is sticky and shiny where the sun hits the dashboard. The dull part has burned away leaving a shiny part that causes a glare. The glare is right in my line of vision and makes it difficult to drive.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Sep 232013

Altima

I am writing because I have a problem with my 2008 Nissan Altima coupe where my dashboard is melting in. I live in the Florida area and have noticed many other customers are having the same problem in this year alone all in Florida. Here is the forum which I found many having the similar problem forums.nicoclub.com/my-dashboard-is-melting-T569582-90.html. the issue is causing a glare on my windshield making it very hard for me to drive and see. I went to my Nissan dealership where the vehicle was purchased and they stated changing the dash is a lot of work and very expensive that only giving a dash cover can be done. I dont like the way the dash cover looks and shouldnt be forced to cover a problem that is a safety hazard because of a defective product.

- Sanford, FL, USA

Jun 252010

Altima

Letter from congressman tiberi on behalf of constituent regarding Nissan dealership (dot/I#2010-2206) the consumer was unable to secure financing after loosing his job and wanted to return the vehicle to the dealership. However, Nissan stated they would finance the vehicle, even though the consumer stated he no longer has a job. Nissan stated the consumer is still responsible for the loan.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Nov 122009

Altima

Brakes were making a noise for a 2nd time; already replaced once when I told abc Nissan phoenix, AZ (where purchased) that at speed less then 25 mph my brakes were making a noise. The other day went to brake at 14 mph in very heavy traffic on the freeway during rush hour and brakes locked up and had to use the emergency brake to avoid a collision (mind you I was one car length behind the car in front of me). I am afraid to drive my Nissan Altima now!! this is ridiculous.

- Queen Creek, AZ, USA