2008 Nissan Altima miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Altima:

2008 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Apr 012015

Dashboard has outlining lines around the defroster that are tacky other spots on the dash also what gases are being released from this melting dashboard is it harmful I contacted Nissan they are not helpful sorry it's out of warranty I noticed the damage about a year ago spring of 2015 it is growing slowly on my dash

- Little Elm, TX, USA

Sep 032012

My dash-board became shiner and when sun shines it is highly difficult to drive cause the sun rays it actually blinds me. I have spoke to Nissan and they would only furnish a new dash board but I must pay for the dash-board, which I find it very unfair. Please help??

- Greenacres, FL, USA

Aug 162016

Melting and sticky dash board & air bag light is

- Lithonia, GA, USA

Jun 052016

My Nissan Altima has the dashboard melting which makes it visible thru the windshield which makes it more difficult to drive the vehicle. I've almost had 4 near car accidents where the melting dashboard was the issue.

- Channelview, TX, USA

Jul 252016

2008 Nissan Altima with a melting dashboard. Visibility is blinding by glare from shiny dashboard. Cost to replace dash is almost $2000.

- Sumrall, MS, USA

Aug 012016

The factory sound system face plate is blistering. This may be caused by radio overheat or some type of short. The radio works fine

- Wichita, KS, USA

Aug 092016

While driving my car, it started to make "grinding" movements and stopped moving while I was driving. I was lucky that I didn't crash. I'm filing this complaint because of the various problems I've had with this cvt transmission -- including wheezing noises and shifting problems and now complete transmission failure. Called Nissan they refuse to help because my car has 132K miles and their extended warranty only goes to 120K. I've only had this car for 5 years. It's only 8 years old. They instituted this extended warranty due to so many complaining about the problems with the cvt. But I'm over the warranty and now I'm on the hook for 4K in transmission repair. I feel this is unfair as I have maintained my vehicle.

- Wyandotte, MI, USA

Jun 122012

" takata recall" my 2008 Nissan altiam dash is so sticky and cracking all the way down. I would really like for Nissan to replace it all with we parts!!!! it is hard to drive with the sun comimg in the widow hitting the dash. Please fix this for everyone. Also my car is always outside. Also I really love my car. I would hate to get away with it because of this.

- Arcadia, FL, USA

Jul 072016

Another melting dashboard; this time in North Alabama. It's starting from what I've seen in pictures the normal starting places, which is at the defrost air vents, the ledge between the instrument panel and defrost air vents (where the dash appears as a two piece comes together) and right above the three air vents. The glare it creates on my windshield is unbearable, and making visibility very poor.

- Madison, AL, USA

Jan 012016

Dash board is melting... causing extreme glare while driving.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Apr 012013

My wife has a 2008 Nissan Altima she bought 5 years ago. I have noticed over the years the dash seems to be meting. I have tried cleaning it with a damp rag. This only makes the dash gummy and sticky. Even after I allow it to dry for a bit it remains sticky and dirty. She bought it 5 years ago for just under $19,000. I told her if we ever wanted to sell it we would lose big time. The car has every amenity; leather, moonroof, heated seats, bose sound, et cetera. It's very demoralizing actually. Also, part of the steering wheel is sticky and falling apart. The leather part on the steering wheel is fine. One more thing... I have a 2006 Nissan Altima and my dash is solid with no problems. We both have always lived in Mississippi. It gets hot and humid here but never had a problem like this with my 2006 Nissan dash or any other vehicle I have owned. I am 40 years old and have owned plenty. Example: A month ago I sold my 1994 Ford truck that has been sitting in the sun for 3 years. Dash had a few cracks which is normal but didn't melt. *2008 Nissan Altima is used everyday and properly maintained seems strange to me daniel

- Pearl, MS, USA

Mar 152015

I purchased a 2008 Nissan Altima in March 2015 and shortly after that I noticed the dashboard appeared to be melting.

- Kemp, TX, USA

May 022015

The dashboard has a defect from glue surfacing to top and causing glare and sticky, shiny that reflects on window a hazard while driving. Nissan will not pay and not a recall. This really sad mistake and no one will take responsibility. Please look into this.

- Mobile, AL, USA

May 102016

When driving vehicle I hear a loud whining noise when accelerating at B all times. And when I put the car into neutral the whining drivetrain noise from transmission goes away. I also hear a rattling noise from center exhaust at idol and notice catalytic converter pipe has rusted out near engine flex pipe.

- Agawam, MA, USA

Jan 012014

The dashboard of my car has melted, presumably from the hot sun. It has become sticky and mess. However, it has also become very shiny. The shine refects dangerously into the windshield while driving, obscuring objects, including cars and pedestrians, on the road. The problem first began about two years ago but has gotten progressively worse. The attached photo, taken today, shows how the driver cannot see a large SUV right in front of his vehicle because of the glare on the windshield caused by the melted dashboard.

- Houston, TX, USA

Apr 182016

Upon my daughter arriving after a 300 mile drive, I see an excessive amount of chemical/glue?? seeping from her front dashboard. Its as if dashboard is melting. In turn the melted dashboard reflect a huge amount of sunlight up to windshield which in turn causes light blindness while driving not to mention possible toxicity issues. Very unsafe driving condition and environmentally harmful. Nissan Corp. Should be made to remedy this for life and health issues.

- Bay Saint Louis, MS, USA

Apr 222016

The dashboard is melting and a sticky substance is causing a serious glare that obscures the visibility through the windshield. The melting dashboard is spreading due to sun slight exposure and heat. The defective dash boards has been reported widely by many auto owners and should be recalled for replacement due to faulty engineering and resulting is visibility glare/obstruction.

- Valrico, FL, USA

Feb 162015

I bought a 2008 Nissan altman coupe, in October 2014. My dashboard has started to melt in several areas. Not only is there a glare on the windshield caused by the dashboard, but my car has started to smell like burning rubber when I try and use my de frost. My car is kept in the garage, and I live in Illinois.

- Simpson, IL, USA

Jan 242016

Dash melting and splitting.

- Chattanooga, TN, USA

Mar 012014

The dash in the car is melting and creating a very bad glare when driving. It is very difficult to see and very dangerous.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA