2008 Nissan Altima suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Altima:

2008 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

May 222008

Altima 4-cyl

I purchased a new 2008 Nissan Altima from baker-jackson Nissan, houston, for my daughter on May 21. My daughter drove the car one day and returned it to the local Nissan dealership in her city of arlington, Texas. This dealership, don davis Nissan, informed us they don't know how we were sold this car, because the rear suspension had basically come apart. The studs holding the struts were missing and broken off; one missing completely and the other sheared off. They indicated my daughter was very fortunate to have arrived in arlington safely without a major accident occurring. I have asked Nissan to replace the car with an exact make/model/style, but to date they have not and are telling me they are planning to repair the car. They sent a Nissan engineer out to the arlington dealership to review, and he indicated to the service shop personnel, the studs were not torqued properly from the manufacturer. I have placed a claim with Nissan Consumer Affairs, I have talked to baker-jackson Nissan to replace the car----to date, I am only getting the run around from both. We have only driven the car 1 day and have been inconvenienced for more than 2 weeks now. I think Nissan may be trying to cover up a manufacturing defect. I'm ready to go public with this and am considering legal actions. Can someone from this office please call me and discuss my options. I don't trust this car, even if it is repaired---what else could be wrong with it. We are very dis-satisfied, unhappy and frustrated customers. Baker-jackson Nissan, houston, in my opinion does not deserve to be in business--if this is how they treat customers. Nissan's attempt to cover up a defect should be revealed as such. I only want to replace the car and make sure Nissan fixes this problem for other consumers before someone is seriously hurt or killed. I understand, manufacturers make mistakes, but they need to do their due diligence to correct this problem before someone is killed.

- Montgomery, TX, USA