- July 18: Nissan Versa Plastic Trim Focus of Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- July 18: Nissan Sued Over Airbag Occupant Classification System
- July 15: Nissan Recalls 270,000 Cars That Can Suddenly Shut Down
- July 1: Nissan Recalls Murano and Rogue Select SUVs
- May 31: Nissan Versa Lawsuit Alleges Coil Springs Break In Front Suspension
NHTSA — Engine Problems
2009 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009-2010 Nissan Altima appears to have a defect where it occasionally refuses to start. We know the feeling, but it's just not acceptable in a car.
For the fix, Nissan dealers enjoy replacing the steering lock control unit for $800. Stranded Nissan owners have found that banging like hell on the steering lock unit at the base of the steering column will do the trick. Yes, the same unit that apparently has $800 worth of electronics.
How far do you have to drive to experience this? The average mileage at failure is just over 55,000 very short miles.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
2.8hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 2
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 52,291 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.