- April 30: Nissan Recalls 3.8 Million Vehicles to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 2 days ago
- April 27: Mitsubishi Spent 25 Years Cheating Fuel Economy Standards news | 5 days ago
- April 20: Mitsubishi Admits Cheating on Fuel Economy Estimates news | 12 days ago
- April 9: Nissan Recalls Frontier Trucks Over Risk of Fire recalls | 23 days ago
- March 19: Nissan Rogue Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 44 days ago
NHTSA — Steering Problems
2009 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 23)
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 3 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 64,817 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.