- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 5 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Recalls 2016 Sentra Over Stalling Problems recalls | 8 days ago
- June 1: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder SUVs to Fix Brake Light Switches recalls | 53 days ago
- May 29: Nissan Recalls 402,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 56 days ago
- May 16: South Korea Accuses Nissan of Cheating Emissions Tests news | 69 days ago
2009 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
Worst 2009 Altima transmission Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.