- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 1 days ago
- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 11 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 20 days ago
- May 7: Nissan Recalls Versa and Versa Note Over Takata Airbags recalls | 22 days ago
- May 5: 2009 Nissan Murano Brake Issues Investigated investigations | 24 days ago
2009 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
Worst 2009 Altima transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- shuddering and hesitation while accelerating15
- whining noise that increases with speed14
- transmission failure8
- overheating going to "fail-safe" mode3
- car loses power in heat1
- hesitates shifting into drive or reverse1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.