- September 9: Recalled: Nissan Cars and SUVs At Risk of Fires recalls | 18 days ago
- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 27 days ago
- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 53 days ago
- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 64 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 70 days ago
Battery Won't Hold Charge
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 29,862 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 8 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (6 reports)
- replace battery (1 reports)
- replaced battery (1 reports)