3.3

2011 Nissan Altima accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Altima:

2011 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jun 032016

Altima

The passenger side airbag warning light is flashing and showing as turned off even when the seat is occupied. I searched for recalls dealing with this safety issued and find recalls for this issue on the 2007 to 2008 Altima (recall 08V521000) and a new recall is just read about on the 2013 to 2016 Altima, but none on my year. I opened a case (#23576396) and took it to my Nissan dealer as instructed by the person I spoke with at the corporate number to have the issue analized. The service manager at the dealer told me the sensor in the passenger seat is defective and the fix is to replace the seat at a cost of $550 plus labor. I told him I would talk to the corporate contact and was charged $121.50 for diagnosis when I pick my car up. I spoke to allise at Corp. And explained what the service manager had told me and was told that Nissan's position is this is my responsibility to pay for. I told her I will file a complaint with the NHTSA as this is a safety issue which renders the front passenger side as unusable in this condition. This condition started approximately 3 months ago.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

May 142016

Altima

"passenger airbag off" light intermittently illuminates when passenger seat is occupied by adults weighing between 120 and 200 pounds, indicating the airbag is deactivated, though it should be turned on. Problem happens both while driving and parked, and has occurred frequently for the life of the car. Dealer could not replicate, so issue has not been resolved, and faulty sensor has not been replaced. Newer models (20132016) were subjected to a safety recall for the same issue. Older models should be included as well, as this is a major safety concern for passengers. Complaint for 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S.

- Fairfax, VA, USA