2011 Nissan Altima body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Altima:

2011 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Oct 182016

Altima

I was driving down the street at a rate of 50 mph and my sunroof exploded.

- Cairi, GA, USA

Oct 182016

Altima

I have a 2011 Nissan Altima coupe with 61K miles and the dash is melting and theirs a glair on my windshield and I've almost gotten in to a wreck several times due to the sun in Florida and the glair Nissan won't help with the 2K bill to replace the dash

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

Jan 092016

Altima

I was driving on the tollway and I heard a loud noise as if someone had pulled the hood release and saw that my hood was fluttering up and down. When I came to a stop, my hood had in fact popped open and I had to slam the hood back shut. Fortunately it did not pop open fully to where it was against my windshield and blocking my view. I think there may be a problem with the hood latch.

- Wauconda, IL, USA

Oct 302015

Altima

After a heavy rain the rear floorboard and carpet is wet passenger side. Can also hear sloshing noises from either the passenger side door panel or under the rear carpet. Windows up tight, door seals look good. Seats are not wet. Just floor. No sunroof.

- Cypress, TX, USA

Mar 162015

Altima 4-cyl

I was traveling with 2 small children on a straight way on hwy and the front tire blew in the sidewall of my Michelin tire. I was pulled across the other lane into a ditch striking a stone culvert after going airborne. I had purchased a set of Michelin tires and they were a 70,000 mile tire and had 23,000 miles on them when this occurred. After investigation it was determined a blowout as there was no damage to wheel indication of road hazard that would have caused this type of damage to tire. In other words, the tire and wheel were in perfect condition other that the blown part in the sidewall and if I would have hit something hard enough to cause the tire that type of damage, they said it would have definitely affected my wheel. The tire had to be defective as there is reports are all over internet that these incidents are occurring with Michelin tires. Buyer beware! my car was a total loss. I am without work and without a car now.

- Dresden, TN, USA

Nov 082014

Altima 4-cyl

I was in a bumper to bumper accident and the front end of my car was smooched in. My chest hit the steering wheel (my seat belt was buckled) knocking the air out of me, but my airbags did not deploy. We have taken our car into the dealership several times to complain about the passenger airbag sensor. Every time we get it back we get the same answer "we don't see anything wrong with the sensor". we recently took our car in 2 weeks prior to the accident and we asked them if our car was on the air bag recall list that was all over the news. They told us not to worry about anything because our car was not on that list. I ended up in urgent care after the accident with muscles spasms and a bruised chest. Why didn't my airbags go off?!

- Phoenix , AZ, USA

Aug 152014

Altima 4-cyl

Dashboard is melting in Florida sun despite using reflector shade. Dashboard now sticky to touch especially near windscreen front and rear. Shines onto windscreen.

- Madeira Beach, FL, USA

Apr 022014

Altima

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Altima. While driving at various speeds, a fabric type material from the rear wheel fender well would make contact with both the driver and passenger side rear tires. The dealer stated that the rear wheel fender liners were defective and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- Deaver, WY, USA

Jan 312013

Altima

Interior dash rattle in a pillar. Road tested with technician confirmed rattle. Dealer replaced a pillar cover and speaker cover -- repair was made. Rattle repaired - dealer will need to strip dashboard. - repair will be made at later date.

- Baldwin Park, CA, USA

Jul 172012

Altima

Driver door handle squeaked when pulled. Service advisor stated normal wear and tear. Upon inspection technician found cable binding in door. Cable was adjusted and door was lubed. Door handle was repaired.

- Baldwin Park, CA, USA