2.9

2011 Nissan Altima fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Altima:

2011 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Dec 122016

Altima

My trouble began as I sat and fueled my car with the same type of gas that I have been using for years. I filled my tank, started my car and it started huffing and puffing as if it was about to shut off. After a few minutes it stopped. A few days later while I was driving down the road one day I heard this loud rattling noise as if a chain or something was dragging the ground or being rattled. I approached a red light and lowered my radio to listen and as I sat idle in drive I could hear this rattling noise coming from the the front end of my car. As I drove down the road further it continued then stopped. I then parked my car and as I was in reverse the sound came back. I went on about my day and returned to my car to start it up and as I started it I heard the rattling loud noise again. I backed out of my parking spot and it continued. As I driving around at a speed of about 30-40 I could hear the noise come and go. I took my car to Nissan and they told me they couldn't find anything wrong. They told me everything under the hood of my car was fine. A few days later I brought my car back to Nissan informing them the the noise is continuing and my car shakes and jerks. I left my car and they called and said my alternator needed to be replaced. Just a couple days prior they said everything was fine so now I'm confused. I took my car to 3 separate auto shops and had them test my alternator and all 3 said my alternator, battery and starter were working perfectly. I began to research online to see if anyone had the same issues I have and there it was. A recall for the transverse link bolt. I'm pissed that Nissan would try to rip of a customer like that.

- Marrero, LA, USA

Nov 172016

Altima

After filling vehicle up after starting and sitting for 30sec engine stalls and have to restart engin

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

Sep 062016

Altima

I never will buy a Nissan

- Dayton, OH, USA

Mar 152015

Altima 4-cyl

The check engine light lit on the dashboard. The associated engine code was P2A00 and both the upstream (air/fuel ratio) and downstream (oxygen) air sensors had to be replaced. The repair cost close to $1,000 please note: This is after many other costly repairs, including most recently another filing with the NHTSA regarding issues with the power steering system where the rack & pinion had to be replaced. While the car has a lot of miles, they're mainly highway miles and the car has been extremely well maintained. Additionally please note: The catalytic converter was replaced ~33K miles ago. During this replacement, supposedly, the aforementioned sensors should've been checked and possibly replaced.

- Northbrook, IL, USA