2012 Nissan Altima fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Altima:

2012 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Apr 142016

Altima

Was driving at normal highway speed car suddenly lost power would not accelerate or turn more than2000 RPM when climbing hills car slows to a crawl you have to turn the car off and wait awhile and then restart it you may GO2 miles OR200 before it starts again

- Ripley, WV, USA

Feb 212016

Altima

I was driving in the rain on 2-21-16 approaching a traffic light. The car accelerated when brake was applied, resulting in a 25 mph collision. Airbags did not deploy. I was bruised but did not require medical attention. I was cited for running the light. I am now afraid to drive the car.

- Snyder, TX, USA

Jun 062015

Altima

Twice, I was driving at a speed of 75 mph on I25 headed North. As I arrived into Colorado springs, my vehicle decelerated to 30 mph in a 65 mph zone. I immediately pulled over. I waitied for about 15 min. Started my vehicle up & still it would only go 30 mph. I turned around & headed back for pueblo. Unsure & afraid that my vehicle would not make it home. Once my car was sitting for an hour, the transmission allowed the speed to rise above 30 mph. The same incident occurred on 6/27/2015. I am afraid to drive my vehicile out of town, in fear of getting stranded, the car overheating & the mechanical transmission malfunctioning. The Nissan dealer in order to resolve the problem, needs to install a "transmission cooling system". I purchased the extended warranty thru 1st extended, over $2600. They refuse to honor the warranty, claiming the cooler was ot in the car to begin with. I spoke with Nissan & southwest motors (where I purchased the car around 1 1/2 yrs. Ago. They've both confirmed that this exact problem has occurred in many Nissan vehicles. If the warranter is unwilling to warrant the problem, which is a major mechanical malfunction, then my 2012 Nissan Altima needs to be recalled! please help me for I fear this problem is a safety hazard driving on the hwy at a reduced speed & becoming stranded.

- Pueblo West, CO, USA

May 012015

Altima 4-cyl

Was driving along 15 freeway southbound in las vegas getting ready to exit flamingo at around 7:30 pm. Road was clear. All of a sudden I hear a loud noise that sound like it' came from the rear of the car underneath. As I exit flamingo my wife and I start to smell gas but we think it may be because there are so many car's out on the road. When continue driving to our hotel (bally's) and pull in to valet. I ask the valet driver if he smells gas and he says yes it pretty strong too, my wife hears dripping and looks out the passenger side and see gas pouring from the bottom of the car. The tell me to pull the car to the back to park so that it can be towed away and the gas can be cleaned up by hasmat. I park the car and watch for a while as gas is just pouring from the tank. There was nothing in the road, I didn't run over anything I don't know what happened to the tank.. had it towed to autonation Nissan in las vegas and they said the tank was punctured some how. I did a little research online and found that this same exact thing has happened before nissanproblem.com/2012-Nissan-Altima-fuel-system-gasoline-problems-defects/ www.autoblog.com/2006/02/28/NHTSA-probes-Chrysler-pacifica-gas-tanks-more-Nissan-Altima-eng/ www.pathfindertalk.com/forum/87-pathfinder-warranty-service-issues/725-fuel-tank.html www-ODI.NHTSA.dot.gov/cars/problems/defect/results.cfm?action_number=PE05050&S www.carcomplaints.com/Nissan/Altima/2012/fuel_system/fuel_system_gasoline.shtml contacted Nissan still waiting for a response.

- Lake Elsinore, CA, USA