CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima is showing multiple early problem trends, prompting us to give it our “beware of this clunker” badge.

Owners are complaining about a whining noise from the power steering pump and a concerning amount vibration related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission). Not to mention constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.

8.0

1. new wiring harness (2 reports)
2013 Nissan Altima accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Altima:

2013 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Dec 082012

Altima SL 2.5L

• CVT transmission

Bought the car in Dec 2012, I noticed right off the bat something was wrong with the seats. I had previously owned a 2011 Altima with heated seats. Took the car to the dealership twice and complained, they told me working within normal specifications. I finally got the car fixed after Nissan put out a recall on the seats and they were fixed in May 2013.

- , Middleboro, MA, USA

Jan 282013

Altima SL 2.5L

• CVT transmission

Well after purchasing my new altima I noticed that when i put the heated seats on high that only the bottom of the seat would be heated, and when switched to low then only the back of the seat is heated. I took it in and was told nothing was wrong with it the first time, and the second after calling nissan and creating a case they put in a new wiring harness per a recall/bulletin. All of the dealerships are told to tell the customers there is nothing wrong on everything, this is very upsetting knowing i have many other problems wrong. this is very poor customer service from nissan.

- , Reston, VA, USA