CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima is showing multiple early problem trends, prompting us to give it our “beware of this clunker” badge.

Owners are complaining about a whining noise from the power steering pump and a concerning amount vibration related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission). Not to mention constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.

6.0

2013 Nissan Altima brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Altima:

2013 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Sep 132013

Altima V6

• CVT transmission

We purchased our Altima 30 Aug 2013, have had several ongoing issues with it. On this occasion, the car was in for the transmission to be replaced and we complained of brake noise. Squealing and sometimes grinding.

- , Gainesville, TX, USA

Sep 052012

Altima S

Brakes seem to be an issue with this automobile. I have squeaky brakes and on top of that - the Brake Light comes on intermittently. I was in the car with a friend when he noticed me panic - he asked what was the matter - something is wrong I exclaimed - the brake light is on. I pulled over, checked the emergency brake which was not on and opened the hood. When I turned the car back on - the light was off. I figured it was just a "glitch." I took the car back to the dealer with squeaky brakes and informed them of the brake light. They said the problem was fixed. Like a bad toothache that shows up unexpectedly, the brake light came back on one evening. The next day I took the car to a different dealership and asked them to look into it. They said that because the brake light wasn't on at the time I drove to the service center that they couldn't do anything about it. I waited for the light to come back on and figured I would go straight to the dealership if it happened - sure enough - the light came back on one Saturday when I was out and about. The dealer then "repaired" the problem. A couple of nights ago the brake light came back on as if to taunt me and let me know that this problem isn't going anywhere. So, I am stuck with a beautiful car that has squeaky brakes and a Brake Light that flashes me. Not the kind of situation I can say that I am enamored with.

- , Dallas, TX, USA

Mar 012013

Altima SL 2.5L

• CVT transmission

Well My brake light would come on and stay on while driving. I took it back to the dealer and they did something and now it has not come back on.

- , Reston, Virginia, USA

Mar 272013

Altima S 2.5L

• CVT transmission

I had recently had the rear brake pads replaced due to Squealing that came about each time the brakes were applied. About two weeks after the were replaced i was in a drive thru and was waiting in line with my foot on the brake pedal and fully stopped when the brake light comes on all of a sudden. I sat in line with my foot on the brake for nearly ten minutes and the light remained on. After i picked up my food at the window i pulled in a parking space and shut the vehicle off and turned it back on and the light went off. The next day i returned my car for service and they said that everything was fine and the brakes were good. Now a month later i am hearing a clanking noise when i apply the brakes. It sounds like something is going to break. I have returned it for service for this issue as well and they, again assure me that everything is fine. I bet in another 15k when my warranty expires they will find the problem and fix for everything because it will be at my expense then. When are they gonna start properly fixing these cars? Will it be when someone is driving 50 to 60 mph in one of these cars and go to stop and the brakes totally fail and they slam into someone and kill the other driver or themself because lets not forget that the airbags do not come on half of the time too if at all??

- , coden, Alabama, USA