Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2014 Nissan Altima shows multiple problem trends, continuing the poor reputation of the 2013 Altima, prompting us to give it our "beware of this clunker" badge.

Owners are complaining about a whining noise from the power steering pump and a concerning amount vibration and even transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission).

2014 Nissan Altima AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Altima:

2014 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jun 122014

I purchased a brand new 2014 Nissan Altima sv from baker Nissan North in houston, Texas (19630 northwest fwy, houston, tx 77065 (281) 890-5656). My transmission has failed twice (replaced the first time and now having to be replaced again) and I have been getting the run around from the dealership. This issue should not be occurring with a brand new vehicle. Then to top it off I have been a loyal customer and have purchased a total of four cars from this dealership now. I filed a Consumer Affairs report with Nissan corporation and have yet to hear something. I also called the dealership again to speak with someone in charge such as the general manager and they informed me to contact the consumers affairs department with Nissan corporation. They said they have a chain of command to follow and that would be my best bet of getting the situation resolved. I would like this situation to be investigated and justice. I do not spend my hard earned money to have a car that is not operating properly and could put my life and others in danger. It comes down to the fact that this car is a lemon and I should be given brand new transportation or the dealership should purchase the car and pay off the loan and let me take my business elsewhere....... I also have copies of my maintenance records for documentation purposes.....thank you in advance for your time and effort. I look forward to hearing from you soon...updated 11/05/15 the consumer also stated the ac was blowing out hot air, then cool air and the steering wheel was hard to turn. Updated 11/25/15.

- Cypress, TX, USA