Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2014 Nissan Altima shows multiple problem trends, continuing the poor reputation of the 2013 Altima, prompting us to give it our "beware of this clunker" badge.

Owners are complaining about a whining noise from the power steering pump and a concerning amount vibration and even transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission).

2014 Nissan Altima body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Altima:

2014 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Mar 272015

Altima 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that a strong glare emitted from the dashboard onto the windshield, which prevented the driver from seeing through the windshield. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection; however, the dealer advised that the windshield was operating as designed. There was no remedy for the issue. The manufacturer advised that the glare was not a manufacturer defect. The failure mileage was 12,600. Updated 6/8/15

- Everett, WA, USA

Oct 012014

Blind spot sensors are going off when raining! we had this checked out by the dealer twice and nothing was done. On second visit I was told this was going to happen during inclimate weather as it is normal. There were several other complaints as well I let him know this was unacceptable. There was no mention of this in the auto manuals nor from the sales staff. I purchased the extra safety features to keep my family safe. These features are needed especially during inclimate weather. We have no confidence in our equipment's safety features as they are misleading.

- Eads, TN, USA

Jul 152014

Altima 4-cyl

On Wednesday, July 15th 2014 I was leaving my community and there was a section on the way where water accumulates after it rains. During my drive out the community I needed to go through the puddle of water to continue my exit. As I passed through the puddle, the water rushed inside the car, on the driver's side under the steering wheel. It appears that the water rushed into the cabin through the steering column.

- Miami, FL, USA